The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seattle's Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44698
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 18:51

(should we skip around the case a little bit? If you have ideas, go right ahead, it just seems to be slowing things down)

Olivia:
I kept up with the files and even downloaded my own version of the security tapes to go through. If I had to state my professional opinion, the man in the tape was not the man in question. But there was no way to prove that without having the person responsible or having Ms. White confess.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48070
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 20:28

(( Sounds good. The boyfriend did it, she's covering for him to pay off debts. ))

I arrived early just like I'd promised. Pizza protected by my jacket while my clothes were soaked from the storm. Bells was all excited for the food and set about prepping a movie for us while I showered. I glanced over her homework briefly and got the assurance from her that she'd be heading to school in the morning.

"So what happened at work?"

"New case, new partner."

"Oh? What's his name?"

"Her, and it's Olivia Bishop."

"Oh that sounds so pretty! Is she pretty?"

I gave her a long look then did my best to describe her. She had an appealing face, but I hadn't paid much attention to anything else during our work.

The next few days were more of the same, forensics did what they could with the video and were able to determine that the man in the video wasn't the ex-husband. On top of which between Bishop and I we'd found a number of debts our 'victim' had racked up over the years.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 20:44

((Perfect!))

After we finished the case, I wasn't sure where I was going to be placed. I had kind of been under the impression that it was just going to be a once case partnership between Pike and I, but there had been no news from the Chief what my next assignment was.

Once the video came back with a negative ID on the ex, it was pretty clear that it had something to do with White. A little digging into their finances and Pike and I found a pretty clear motive for lying about a robbery.

Once we confronted her with our findings, she cracked like an egg.

Today, we were just wrapping up the paper work and tying up some loose ends.

I was sitting at my desk when the Chief walked into the room and called out "Pike, Bishop, I want you in my office."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 20:58

I stood and with a glance at Bishop, followed the Chief into his office. I'd had trouble sleeping the night before and had the bags under my eyes to prove it. But I was glad this case was wrapping up. Nothing like a furious and upset woman sobbing and trying to hit you in equal measure.

Settling in one of the chairs across from the Chief's desk I folded my arms and waited for him to explain.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 21:26

Olivia:
I followed Pike into the office and sat in the chair next to him, looking at the Chief in confusion.

"Whats up Chief?" I asked.

He sat down behind his desk and cleared his throat. "I've assigned you two as permanent partners. You did good work this last few days and I think you're good for each other," he said.

I looked over at Pike to see how he felt about it. I figured something like this would be coming. Even after my conversation with Parker, I wasn't unset about the new pairing. I would just have to trust him and hope it didn't bite me in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Oct - 14:44

I unfolded my arms and nodded slowly. "If that's what you want Chief." I pondered it for another moment then glanced at Olivia for a moment then back to the Chief. "But are you sure that is the best idea? She'd probably be better placed with one of the other detectives."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Oct - 23:08

Olivia:
I frowned and crossed my arms, confused as to why he didn't want to work with me. I had been on my best behavior the last few days. Was it because I was a rookie?

The Chief said that the decision was final for now and we could see how ir worked out for a few weeks before making it permanent. I got up before I was dismissed and nodded my head. I wanted out of the room. I had plenty of reasons to not want to work with him too, but I had the decency to keep them to myself.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:50

Bowing my head I could only accept the Cheif's words.  If what he'd told me before was true, Olivia would be better suited with one of the more senior detectives.  It would look better in the long run for her work.  Especially if she was going to be their poster child to show case.

I glanced at Bishop, noting how she was already standing and looked ready to leave.  With Chief dismissing us finally I let her leave first, slipping my hands into my pockets.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 20:06

Olivia:
I left the room first and made it down the hall before I turned and put my hands on my hips. "You know, I thought we worked pretty well together," I snapped. "If you don't want to work with me, that's fine. But then you have to tell the Chief that," I told him. "What exactly is your problem with me?" I asked, wanting to know what his aversion was to being my partner.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 21:00

Nicolas:

I paused after she turned to confront me. I cocked my head to the side, feeling somewhat confused for a brief instance. "I think we worked well together too." I agreed as I searched not only her face but also her body language. She was upset about what I had said. That much was obvious, but it took me a moment to piece together exactly what and why that was.

"I have little issue with you. You are a a bit too impulsive at times, and you seem jaded against not only people but the entire duty you have to this job. If I had to hazard a guess, something happened before you worked here. Something always happened. However you are more than capable, driven, intelligent, and have good insight. Anyone should be more than content to have you as a partner."

I straightened and gestured back towards the Chief's closed door. "According to the Chief you are being evaluated and watched. Seems they are checking if you would be a good candidate as a showcase of the Police force's best and brightest. Your capabilities, your gender, and your looks make you a good fit and I can see why they would include you as a choice." I made to move past her, my shoulder brushing lightly by hers as I did so. "I am not a rising star. I am not one they would place as the face for the public. I don't think it would be a good idea, and those higher up the chain are of the same belief."

After I had passed her I glanced back to finish with, "So I don't have a problem with you, but I don't think that for your future I am the best fit. Not for you, not for anyone. I'm sure you've heard my nicknames. The last thing you could need is a robot getting in your way."

The entire time I'd been explaining my expression hadn't shifted much, my voice hadn't held any real inflection. I knew how to fake those, but what was the point? I did however wave a hand at her in good bye as I walked away before stuffing my hands deep into my pockets.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 23:49

Julie:
I dropped my hard, angry expression at his explanation. He spoke more than I had ever heard him speak.

As soon as he was done, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away. I let him go for a second before jogging to catch up. "Hey! Wait up!" I said, stopping in front of him so he would have to slow down or plow right through me.

"Sorry. I guess that was a little impulsive of me..." I said, giving him a mock glare. I hadn't known anything about them considering me for anything more than a detective. But there was something important I felt he should know as well.

"I don't think you're a robot. Parker does...and probably a few other people, I won't lie..." I told him. It wasn't something he didn't already know. "But I think I can learn a lot from you," I said, honestly. "Who cares what anyone else thinks?" I was trying to extend an olive branch, even if he did think I was jaded.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct - 19:53

I stopped scant inches away from her, blinking for a moment while she spoke. "They aren't wrong you know. It's the best way to describe my condition." Searching her expression for a moment I shrugged. "Time will tell if your decision will be one you regret or not."

"As for learning from me, I'm sure there will be things to learn from both of us." I considered a moment then shifted backwards a bit so I could offer out my hand to her for a shake. "It will be interesting working with you Bishop."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct - 20:14

Olivia:
I looked down at his hand and then back up to his blank face. He didn't smile, but I did.

I reached out and grabbed his hand, giving it a nice firm shake before I let it with a nod. I stepped out of his way so he could pass and chose to ignore his comment and regrets.

"I'll see you bright and early then, Pike," I told him.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 0:22

Watching her leave I wondered just how long it would be before she joined the rest of them. Not many understood or were willing to even try when I never connected with them. Something always happened. Either they had a tragedy, they got hurt, or they needed me too offer some emotional action.

It was going to come eventually, but for now..well this wasn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 1:19

((Should we discuss the next case? Or did you have any ideas that involve the sister?))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 1:27

(( Hm, I think we should do another case. We can bring the sister in bit by bit. I'm sure she'll come more into the story as they get closer. Right now she is kind of a secret part of his life. He wants to protect her after all. ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 15:53

((any preference for the kind of case? Maybe drugs or something? Something with a little more danger/action involved?))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 20:05

(( Oooo, yeah! Add in a little bit of danger to it all. Drug related could be fun.))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 20:41

Olivia:
There was a lull at work for a few days after Pike and I were assigned as partners. No new cases were coming in and all the other officers were working on the existing ones. Pike and I mainly assisted on those or did paperwork until the Chief handed us both an identical file.

"Finally," I said, wheeling my chair over to Pikes desk so we could look over the files together. "I was beginning to think we'd never get a case," I said, opening the file.

It would definitely be more intense than the robbery. "Suspected drug dealer..." I mumbled, thumbing through the pages. "You have any experience with this?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 22:44

"Once." I had flipped through the files slowly while also pulling up the various case records onto my computer as they came relevant within the case notes. "Drug cases tend to end violently, at some part. There can be other complications depending on the size of the operation or the people involved."

Leaning back in my seat with the folder open in my lap I laced my fingers behind my head and stared up at the ceiling as I pondered over what I'd read. "Hm. Any initial thoughts on the case?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 23:05

I shook my head and bit my lip as I looked at the file. "Not ready for thoughts yet. This one is gonna take time. Lots of moving pieces." I said. The amount of drugs we were talking was way more than one person could handle but it wasn't so much that it was unmanageable. Probably just a small group of people operating out of a house or a small warehouse.

"What do you have there?" I asked, looking at his computer screen.

Last edited by Anna on Wed 24 Oct - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 23:18

"Just some of the additional case notes mentioned within the file. Other cases possibly linked, records of the suspected drug dealer and his crew. Cant fit everything within a file." Sitting back up I began to browse through the extra information, getting a note pad ready as I jotted down little things here and there as I went.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 23:22

Olivia:
I nodded and looked back down at the papers in my hands. "There's a few names, people of interest. But it isn't like we can just walk up and start asking question," I said. Not if we didn't want to get killed in the process.

"How do you wanna do this?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct - 15:36

"First go over the information. Last thing we need is to run into an uncounted surprise. After that...well it will depend on how the information pans out. We might have a stakeout in our future." I glanced at her, "Depending on the situation either we do that together or take turns. Will also matter if you have things that need to be taken care of outside the work."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct - 17:08

I nodded at his assessment and looked up with a shrug. "I don't ever have anything going on," I told him. It was true. My life was horribly bland outside of work.

I did, however, notice he left early quite a lot.

"So I can take the brunt of the stakeout, if you want?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle's Hearts
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next