The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seattle's Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 47995
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 20:26

Lets have fun with it!

Name:
Personality:
History(Anything of note):
Other:
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44623
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 21:10

Name: Olivia Bishop

Looks: I'll find a picture!

Personality: Olivia is smart, confident and runs by the books. She graduated at the top of her class in the academy and yet is still treated like some silly little girl who doesn't know what she's doing by some of the more sexist men in the department. She feels like she sometimes has to work twice as hard to get the same respect that her colleagues get.

History: When Olivia was 11, her older brother Mike, was found dead in his apartment of an apparent suicide. She never bought that story and its the reason she went into the field. Only, now that she's qualified, no one will let her see his file. Its a "conflict of interest."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 21:32

Name:  Nicolas Pike
Looks: Seattle's Hearts Images10
Personality:  Once upon a time Nick was a cheerful sort.  He laughed, poked fun at his friends, and was starting to grow old enough to reflect a lighthearted nature when he passed into adulthood.  When he was sixteen however his family got into a disasterous car accident.  Slamming his head into the dashboard after a failed airbag while he was in the passenger seat changed him.

The trauma of the incident made his entire personality more subdued, almost cold.  He struggles to express himself anymore, finding difficulty showing or even simply feeling emotions in general.  The indifference has won him few friends, but he has made it known that he is reliable and an excellent listener.  One that the few friends and family he has left know he won't beat around the bush when asking his opinion or for advice.

There are only a couple people who have seen past the shell of ice, understanding the small gestures and signs of how he is feeling, like his younger sister and his mom.

History(Anything of note):  He wasn't born in the U.S. but in England, his voice carrying only trace amounts of the accent.  Only his father shares the same duel citizenship, his parents meeting while his mother was on an extended work trip.  They moved to the U.S soon after he was born.

An accident took the life of his father, and nearly claimed the rest of his family, a drunk driver slamming failing to stop at a red light and slamming their car into a steep ditch.  His mother, young sister, and himself barely survived the accident.  It was the cop who saved his mothers life that led him into law enforcement.
Other:  He lives with his mother and sister, though his mother spends a lot of time away on business.  Leading him to have all but raised his sister since the accident.

Name: Bella Pike (Bell or Bells)
Looks: Seattle's Hearts Fe2a7b8ce6eb11e197621231381b4865_7
Personality:  Bella is everything her brother was gearing to be.  She is quick to smile and make a friend, running through the world with an energy and life that surprises any who know of her condition.
History(Anything of note):  Born in the U.S. a month early, they doctors weren't even sure she was going to make it for a while.  And after she pulled through everything seemed normal until the accident.  The crash and resulting near death made apparent an on going Cardiomyopathy issue with her heart.  She waits for a transplant, smiling through the discomfort and worries.
Other:  Loves to paint and draw.

((  Bella is more of a secondary character, but prevalent enough that she has to have a bio! ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 21:37

((oh, you went in on the bios. if you want me to add more, I will))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 21:57

(( No no! You did great. I had the idea for the characters for a while, hence the extra bits. Only add more if you want too. Going to reply to body guard first then work on a first post. ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 22:14

((okay, sounds good to me!))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 22:40

Nick:

Pancakes had never felt like such a serious affair. At least not until I stepped into the kitchen to find my little sister frowning and staring for all she was worth at a pan. Add in one badly fitted apron several sizes to big, a stool for her short height, and a spatula held tightly between both hands like a sword and I could only snort a brief laugh. "It's a pancake Bells. Not the enemy."

"Shhhhshshsh." Still keeping the spatula in both hands she pointed it at me. "This one has to be perfect." Turning back around she resumed her watchful eye while I rolled mine. A quick trip to the coffee machine and I got to watch it be flipped.

A few minutes later and we were enjoying the fruits of her early labors. "How long have you been up." I gave a pointed look at the bags under her eyes.

"A few hours...I woke up coughing again." She didn't quite look up at me, focusing instead on her 'perfect pancake'.

"Am I taking you to school?"

"Could I stay home?"

I frowned at her then sighed, "Fine. But email your teachers so you can get the class work. And no you can't spend all your time painting or drawing. I want most if not all of it done when I get home alright?"

I stood as she nodded rapidly at me. Rinsing off my plate and tossing it into the dishwasher I grabbed my backpack by the front door. I didn't like that I had to leave her at home, that she even had to beg sometimes to stay home. But I knew after a night of coughing she was probably hurting quite a bit. And more often than not she toughed it out. To ask to stay home meant it was a rougher night than usual.

Shouldering my backpack I went over to her and ruffled her hair before hugging her from behind. "Be good kiddo, I'll see about getting off early and grabbing us a treat tonight." Turning around she hugged me back then poked my nose with a finger.

"Bye Nico." She intoned with a bright smile, she knew she was the only one who ever got away with calling me Nico.

I however was one of the few who could call my pixie of a sister her own typically disliked nickname, "See ya in a while Tinkerbell."

Snagging my keys from their hook by the door I left and locked the door before hopping in my car to drive to my precinct. Most officers came to work dressed, I prefered to change there unless I was doing laundry or running late. Early as I was I pulled into an empty spot and nodded at the front desk clerks before making my way into the locker rooms. Pulling on my uniform I went to my desk first, checking for any new paperwork that had been left behind. A new file had been laid on my desk, earning a brief eyebrow raise. I snagged it and made my way to the briefing room to await a delegated task from the chief.

((You don't have to make it this long! I got a little excited with it lol ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 23:02

Olivia:
I woke up in my empty apartment to the sound of my alarm blaring from the nightstand. I groaned and flung my arm out to hit the snooze and stretched my arms up before pulling the covers off and exposing myself to the chill of the morning air.

I quickly padded to the bathroom to wash up and get dressed for the day, taking care to twist my hair up in a bun so it stayed out of my face.

I stopped in the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee and took a handful of grapes out of the fridge to serve as breakfast. I took my time with the tasks and before I knew it, I had to dump the rest of my coffee down the sink and rush out the door.

The route to the precinct was familiar. I had been hired almost a year ago and I was still considered somewhat of a rookie, even though there were people there newer than I was. It pained me to say that I got along with the receptionist, Gail, more than anyone else.

I pulled into my parking spot and made my way inside quickly to avoid the rain. I shook out my raincoat and hung it on the rack just inside the door as I made my way inside. I barely put my bag down at my desk before Gail snuck up behind me and whispered that the Chief had been looking for me. I narrowed my eyes in confusion but shrugged and thanked her before grabbing the file that was sitting on my desk. I opened it and barely skimmed the first page as I made my way to the briefing room.

There were a couple people already waiting, but I paid them no mind as I found a seat. I didn't get another chance to look at the file before Chief John Lang strode into the room and took his spot at the front of the room.

"Couple new things today guys, listen up," I sighed and rolled my eyes. There was one women here! Not all guys! Hello!

He droned on about a few new assignments and I straightened up when I heard my name. "Bishop, I want you working with Pike for the time being. You both have a file. You're partners until further notice," he said, not leaving a whole lot of room for argument.

"Partners? I think I've been doing fine on my own chief," I said, anyway. Pike got on my nerves. Really all of them did, but Pike sometimes came across as rude.

"I don't remember asking for your input Bishop, but if I need your help doing my job, I'll let you know," he said, causing my jaw to clench in frustration.

((We just have to decide what the first case is?))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 23:32

(( Yup! You also either need a picture or let me know what she looks like! I can figure out the case if you'd like. ))

I had been flipping through the file, reading through it and the attached photos when the Chief stepped in and called the meeting. Most of it was useless information for me, but I kept my eyes on him until he called Bishop to be my partner.

I glanced towards her from across the room. My blue eyes looked her over, noting her expression before shrugging it off and returning to the file in my hands. She was good at her job, she had been hired a few months after me. But she'd been passed over for reasons I just didn't care about.

I wasn't the most popular among my coworkers. I wasn't one to joke around, I didn't go out to the bar after a shift with them, and I didn't share much about what was going on at home. The Chief and department heads liked me however. And the head of SWAT was keeping an eye on me for the future.

Once we were dismissed I stood with a soft sigh. Pleasentries weren't my thing, but the effort had to be made. I walked over to Bishop offering out my hand. "We might as well make the best of this."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyWed 12 Sep - 23:46

Seattle's Hearts Rp_gir10[/url]

Olivia:
I sighed and stared at his hand for a beat before standing up and shaking it. "That's easy for you to say. You get me as a partner." I told him, unable to keep some of the snark from my tone.

I dropped his hand and reopened my file, flipping through more of the pages. "The quicker we figure this out, the quicker we can go back to not having a partner," I said.

"Did you get a change to see what we're dealing with?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 0:04

I only blinked at her snark. My face blank and empty of emotion. I was used to looks I got over it, I was used to the nicknames too. Robot, Ice King, Poker Face, cold bastard. The list went on. I didn't doubt she'd go the same.

"Break in to a woman's home. She suspects her ex-husband. Broke several pieces of furniture, and took a jewelry box. She had a few camera's so we have some partial photos of the perps face." I went over the quick details. "We have enough for a warrant, just need to do the paperwork."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 0:10

Olivia:
"Great, lets get started on that," I said, brushing past him to head for the door. I didn't spare him another look as I made my way over to my desk and sat down, booting up my computer so I could get started and possibly take a look at the camera footage.

If it was her ex-husband, you'd think she would be able to tell for sure by looking at the video, but since she couldn't I doubted it would give us very much in terms of an ID.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 14:27

I watched her go and just shook my head. I wasn't about to guess at why she was being hostile. Instead I returned to my desk, locking the file into my drawers and turning on my own computer. Rather than wait for the ancient machine I made my way to the break room, securing my second cup of coffee. A quick glance at the clock and I sighed, I'd missed an important task this morning.

With coffee in hand I went to my desk and dialed Bella's school, introducing myself and quietly excusing her for the day. The office ladies knew me by now and promised they'd let the teachers know. Satisfied I turned to the computer and put in my password. I wanted to read over the testimony of the wife. I had a lingering doubt in the back of my mind.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 14:49

Olivia:
I logged in with my name and ID number so I could access the full online database and file for the case in question. I quickly located the security footage that had been downloaded sometime yesterday and watched it. Whoever it was, dressed for the occasion, wearing all black and a dark hat. The angle the video was shot at made it impossible to see the full face, but I was sure if I worked on it a little bit, I could get a clearer image and maybe see some more distinguishing characteristics.

I put it aside for know and pulled up the witness statements and the written statement of the ex-wife. There were some inconsistencies in her statement, but I couldn't put my finger on why she seemed suspicious.

I turned around in my chair and spotted Pike hunched over his own desk. His desk actually wasnt that far away so I wheeled my chair closer without getting up and slapped my copy of the file onto his desk. "Wife seems weird, right?" I asked, wondering if he was getting the same vibe.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 14:56

Twirling a pen around my fingers I stared at my screen, going over the witness statements and the phonecall to 911. Glancing at Olivia when she came over I nodded. "Her call to 911 stated that she witnessed her ex-husband breaking into her house and trashing everything. Her interview with police when they arrived says she wasn't home and found it like that but suspected her ex had something to do with it."

Stopping the pen and setting it on the desk I tapped the file. "She's lying. The best course of action is to interview her again."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 15:30

Olivia:
I nodded and leaned back in my chair. "I just don't see the motive for lying. Why say he trashed her place? And if he didn't do it, did she do it to herself to frame him or did someone else do it and she doesn't know who to pin it on?" I wondered aloud, swinging my wheeled chair back and forth as I thought.

"They don't have kids, so its not a custody thing..." I mumbled. I looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Any ideas?" I asked.

Last edited by Anna on Thu 13 Sep - 20:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 19:35

Scratching my cheek I ran through the given information in my head. "Either she did it herself and is framing her ex-husband, her ex really did it, or she's covering for something else." Standing up I reached for my keys, unlocking my top drawer and pulling my badge and gun out.

"Might as well interview the victim and see what she has to say now that it's been a couple days." Slipping the holster into my belt and my badge on the other side I pondered the case. It all felt off, like the puzzle was still missing pieces.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyThu 13 Sep - 20:10

Olivia:
I was ready to go. I had my gun in the holster and my badge clipped onto my belt. I wheeled my chair back to my desk and slipped my black blazer over my shoulder and pulled it straight. Then I grabbed my keys and rustled them a little.

"I'll drive," I told him, not asking.

Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 16:19

I shrugged, grabbing the file of information from my desk drawer and my work backpack. It held note pads, pencils, and various other things I might need in my work. Slipping it onto one shoulder I let her lead the way.

If she was going to drive I wanted to go over the information we had one last time.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 16:47

Olivia:
I led the way to my assigned cruiser. It wasn't always necessary for me to take the cruiser, especially when just going to speak to a witness, but it held a certain appeal when it came to getting answer. Some were intimidated when a police car pulls up outside of their house. Thats what I wanted. I wanted her slightly uncomfortable, ready to talk.

I pulled open the drivers side door and slid inside, clicking the lock to let my new partner in.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 17:07

I looked over the cruiser for a moment then shook my head. We didn't need the cruiser, but I wasn't going to say anything about it. Climbing into the passenger seat I buckled up and stashed my backpack between my feet before I started going through the file again.

"I think she's faking the event." I said after a few minutes of being in the car. I tapped the evidence report. "The broken window they used to supposedly get in. Glass was found behind the couch but also in the garden bed. No reason for it being in the garden unless it was broken from the inside."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 17:40

Olivia
I nodded and started driving. “I agree, I just cant figure out the motivation yet.” I said, shaking my head. Normal people getting divorced dont feel the need to frame their ex husband for anserious crime.

“Maybe we can get something out of her today.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 17:53

"Would you be willing to take the lead? I imagine she'd connect with you better than she would with me." Statistically women opened up better to other women. But I also knew my own short comings. I wasn't good at connecting emotionally with either suspect or victim.

I turned my head to look at her, trying to gauge her reaction to my request.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 19:15

Olivia:
I glanced over at him in surprise as I made my way down the busy road. My career had been short so far, but never had anyone asked me to take the lead. Most of them barely wanted me around, let alone at the forefront.

"Uh, sure, I can do that," the surprise was evident in my voice.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts EmptyMon 17 Sep - 19:56

Nodding I glanced out the front of the vehicle. "You don't sound confident." It wasn't a question of ability. She finished academy, she got the job here. She had to have some potential to be a detective and not a beat cop. So something had to be worth the effort. "Would you prefer I take lead?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seattle's Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle's Hearts
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next