The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seattle's Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48070
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Oct - 16:16

"Thanks." Climbing out I leaned on the door for a moment taking in the house and its state. It all looked disheveled. While the ex-wifes was well groomed. Either this was a recent acquire or the man wasn't caring about the state of his home. Shouldering my backpack I closed the door then lead the way up the path. I didn't even get halfway before the front door opened and a man stepped out, holding a young girl in his arms.

"Evening officers. Is there something I can help you two with?" His voice was tired and the girl peeked shyly from his shoulder.

I stopped a couple feet away and pulled out one of my cards. "I'm Officer Pike, that is Officer Bishop. Are you Michael Thorne?"

"Yeah I am."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44698
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Oct - 23:22

Olivia:
"Mr. Thorne, have you been made aware of an incident that happened at your ex-wife's house?" I asked, having already known the police officers on duty had come to question him already. I eyed the child in his arms in confusion. Who's kid was it?

"Oh, yes... I was questioned last night. Is there something I can help you with?"
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Oct - 14:38

"Where were you Wednesday last week?" I started out asking only for him to gesture for us to follow. Leading us around back he set the girl down and gave her a gentle nudge towards a swing set. She ran over immediately and began playing.

Settling on a picnic table he sighed. "Sorry, I'd invite you inside but my girlfriend is currently napping. Um I was at work for part of the day, then the three of us went to the store." Pausing he called to the young girl, "Becareful Sarah."

"She's a cute girl, is she yours?"

"No. My girlfriend's. But she seems to like me a lot."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Oct - 14:59

Olivia:
I watched the little girl playing for a moment before turning my attention back to Mr. Thorne. He seemed tired, but open to answering questions. My gut still told me he had nothing to do with the home invasion.

"Mr. Thorne? Wednesday?" I questioned, bringing his attention back to the what Pike has asked.

"Oh, I was actually at home with Sarah all day. Her mother had a business trip planned and Sarah was sick at home. She couldn't go to day care because she had a fever," he shrugged like he knew how unhelpful that was. It seemed like a poor alibi, but if we could confirm that Sarah never went to day care and her mother was really out of town, it was a pretty decent reason to believe he was telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Oct - 22:30

I glanced at Bishop for a moment then returned my gaze to Mr. Thorne. "Could we have the name of your wife's work and the day care? We simply just want to confirm that you are being truthful."

Flipping through my notebook a moment I returned to my questions, "Could you tell us when you put up the security camera's in your ex-wife's house?"

Mr. Thorne scratched the back of his neck. "The camera's? Six months...no probably closer to four months. There had been a robbery a few houses down and I wanted to make sure our place stayed safe."

"I see. How about the robbery in your old house. Do you have any idea why your ex-wife would accuse you?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Oct - 23:12

Olivia:
Mr. Thorne seemed to have no idea why his ex-wife would accuse him on such a serious crime. I took a quick stroll over the the swing set where little Sarah was playing so that Pike could ask his questions without an audience.

"Hi Sarah," I said softly, watching as she struggled to get herself onto the swing. She was too short. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She looked at me shyly for a moment and then nodded.

I smiled and gently lifted her onto the swing and then moved behind her to give her a soft push.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Oct - 20:41

Both Mr. Thorne and I watched Sarah and Bishop at the swings for a moment. My attention returned quicker and I cleared my throat, "Mr. Thorne? Do you know why your wife would accuse you?"

Sighing he turned back to face me, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. "She always got so angry and I couldn't stand it anymore. Then came the begging, then more yelling. I wanted out. We'd been together for three years and she got the better end of the deal in the divorse. But she swore I'd regret leaving her."

I nodded. "Do you percieve that as a legitamit threat?"

"N-no. She has major anger problems but I mean...I didn't think she'd do anything like this..."

I searched his face, looking at a tired and disappointed man. His gaze shifted over to the girl on the swings and his expression softened. My head tilted for a moment then I glanced through my notes.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Oct - 20:56

Olivia:
I pushed the little girl on the swing for a few more moments, giving my new partner a chance to ask his questions. I was also surprisingly enjoying the moment of peace. When she had enough of the swing, she hopped off by herself and sat down in a little sand pit. I decided to leave her to and walked back over to Mr. Thorne.

"Mr. Thorne, I hope you don't mind my prying but when did your relationship with Sarahs mother start? Was there any...overlap?" I asked, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Did she tell you that? No, I didn't cheat on my ex-wife. She's convinced I did though." he told me. I nodded and glanced at Pike. If she thought he cheated, that was certainly interesting information.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Oct - 21:36

I met Bishop's gaze and nodded at her. It was good information. I jotted down a few quick notes then tucked the notebook into my pocket. "I appreciate your help Mr. Thorne. If we have any questions what would be the best way to contact you."

He jotted down his number and then stuck out his hand towards me. I gave it a brief shake and gestured towards the business card I'd already passed over, "If you think of anything else please let us know." Nodding he shook Bishop's hand then returned to Sarah.

"That was interesting." I remarked absently while walking back towards the car.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Oct - 21:45

Julie:
I nodded in agreement and looked back at the house once more before getting in the car. "What are you thinking? Back to the office to see what we have?" I asked, turning the key in the ignition.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Oct - 16:48

"Yeah. I want to take a look at the camera footage again." Buckling up I rubbed my chin, pondering the developments we'd gained just in one day. A simple robbery was never simple. I suspected that the ex-husband was innocent. But innocent or not that didn't explain why the jewels were taken.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Oct - 17:26

I nodded and looked at him once before pulling out onto the road. He was sort of a peculiar man. Quiet, to himself. I wondered as I drove if he even knew how to have a good time.

The dirve back to the precinct was quick and I parked and got out, hoping to get back inside before the rain started up. The sky was looker angrier and angrier by the minute.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct - 21:03

Glancing up at the sky while getting out I frowned for a brief moment. I might have to leave even earlier if I wanted to get pizza and make it home with the rain. With that in the back of my mind I dropped my backpack next to my desk and took a seat. I tuned out the rest of the room and logged into my computer and navigated to the video tape evidence.

Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct - 21:30

Olivia:
While he focused on the video tapes, I went back to the files on my computer and looked them over again. There were some pictures of the scene right after the incident happened and I pulled them out to get a look at the broken window and all the angles of the house.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct - 22:53

Lt. Parker:

I refilled my coffee and glanced around the bullpen. Under the Captain I was usually in charge around the office, making sure people weren't slacking off too much and assisting in assigning manpower from the beat cops to help the detectives.

My eyes lit upon one of our newest pair. Pike had been around longer, but I wasn't a fan. Hard to trust someone who seemed more computer than man. Didn't help that in comparison I was more of a hot head than most of the department. Bishop on the other hand was an interesting addition. Not many women went up to detective. And from what I'd seen she was clever. Added bonus that she was easy on the eyes.

Moving over to her desk I glanced over her shoulder to see what she was working on, "How's the case coming along Bishop?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 12:21

Olivia:
I glanced up when my name was called and then looked back at my screen. Parker usually gave orders around the office and I was usually respectful of that. He tended to throw his authority around and had a tendency to go off on people.

"Pretty good. Pike is looking at footage right now and I'm glancing over the files. We spoke to Ms. White and her ex husband. Pretty sure he didn't do it. Just trying to figure out where the jewelry is and why it appears the wife set up her husband. I'm sure we'll figure it out," I told him,
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 16:06

Lt. Parker:

"Glad to hear it. But hey, how is it working with the walking robot? He given you any trouble yet?" I took a sip of coffee fighting a frown and a sneer as I kept my eyes on Pike for a few moments longer. "You weren't here when he took the test for SWAT or for when he earned his nickname. But if you say the word I'll get you transfered to a different partner or case."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 17:58

Olivia:
At his words, I stopped looking at the file and fully swiveled my chair around to face him. I considered his face for a moment, the sneer, the judgement and I had to hold back my glare. I didn't want to work with Pike. But it had nothing to do with him as a person. I just preferred working alone.

Did everyone call him a robot? Or was it just Parker?

"You know, I think I'll stick with Pike, thanks," I said, hotly. "You know what robots are really good at? Getting work done while not being an asshole."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 18:20

Lt. Parker:

I huffed a soft laugh. "I might be an asshole, but I've never abandoned my partners to bleed on the streets. And I respect the sanctity of a fallen comrade when an officer dies." Taking a swig to finish up the rest of my coffee.

"Also, Bishop. I respect Pike in that he can get results and is smarter than half of these idiots. Doesn't mean I have to like him or trust him to have my back. Robots don't feel, and his nickname is earned." With a nod I wandered off.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 18:24

Olivia:
I frowned at his back as he walked away and then turned my eyes to Pike, who was still working on the videos. What did that mean? I was sure Parker had to have the story wrong, but I couldn't see how a detective could screw up details like that.

I bit my lip and turned back around to my. I didn't want to give his words too much thought, but I had yet to master stopping thoughts in their tracks.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Oct - 22:38

Nick:

I turned off my computer and rubbed at my eyes for a moment. A brief glance at the time and I grabbed my backpack and wove through the office before stopping at Bishops desk. "I'm heading out early. I have something I am going to send to the forensics to have them go over."

I searched her face for a moment, "You look like you are thinking heavily. Anything on the case troubling you?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Oct - 18:15

Olivia:
I looked up at him in surprise. He didn't seem like the type to leave early, but she wasn't going to say anything.

"Oh, no..." she said, shaking her head. "Just Parker wont get off my ass about finishing this," I lied, rolling my eyes in Parkers direction.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 16:14

"Mm. He has his reasons I'm sure." I glanced at her for a moment then looked over her work for another minute. Straightening I crosssed my arms, staring into space for a moment then shaking my head.

Dropping my gaze to her I motioned with my head towards the door. "Unless you have anything I'm going to head out."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 17:35

Olivia:
I nodded and waved to him, already turning around to get back to work. "Sure, i'll see you tomorrow. Let me know what you hear from forensics." I told him.

Sure, he was a little weird, but was it possible he could abandon his partner like Parker has said?
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct - 18:20

Waving a hand back I wandered off towards the chief's office. A knock on the door and he looked up from his paperwork with a raised eyebrow. "Need to head off early today Chief."

His eyes narrowed and a frown darkened his face, "Have you even got any progress on your case yet?"

Drawing in a breath I went over what we'd come up with as well as my ideas as to what happened. Leaning back in his chair he nodded slowly, Rubbing his chin. "And how has it been working with Bishop? Tell me your thoughts."

"She is impulsive, but has good instincts so far."

"Good, I want to see her rise. Politics want to see a female officer to draw more recruits. She is one of the ones higher ups are keeping an eye on. And if she can perform on par with you that will look good." He waved a hand towards the door, "Now go. Deal with your personal business."

Nodding I turned and walked out towards the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle's Hearts
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next