The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seattle's Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48070
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Oct - 18:14

“I will be okay this week. Nothing pressing should hinder me from working.” I didn’t elaborate further. Mom was supposed to be back in town for a while. And if she left again then I always had back up plans. Like Emily. A girl who lived a few blocks away. She adored bells and in turn was adored by Bells.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44698
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Oct - 19:14

I nodded and looked back down to the file. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't curious as to what had him coming in late and leaving early some days, but he wasn't the type to sit around and chat about his personal life.

"Okay then. So we can plan to do it together unless something else come up," I said. Stakeouts were horribly boring if you didn't have someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Oct - 21:59

I glanced briefly her way then returned to my screen. I knew the other detectives tended to gather weekly somewhere on a weekend night. I'd never gone, I could use my sister as an excuse but really it was I just didn't have any desire to socialize.

Over the past few weeks I'd found Bishop was a lot like me in some ways. She didn't give out much of her history, didn't seem to care to share about her home life. I never asked to be fair, but that never stopped anyone from sharing before.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Oct - 21:51

Olivia:
I turned to push myself back to my desk. "I'm gonna run the profiles of some of these suspects," I said, "I'll let you know if anything looks especially suspicious," I told him.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Oct - 22:23

Watching her wheel away I considered for a few minutes longer about her history before setting it aside. I could pull up her public records without any issues. Her private ones I'd need either her written permission, a valid reason to access them, or break several laws. But the personal would be fine, I figured they would match up with what I myself had in mine. Nothing that couldn't be gained by a look at my drivers liscense, plus my cell number.

Turning my attention back I read through all of the information available, writing notes as I went. By the time I had it written them out twice, a copy for me and one to hand over to my partner it was late in the afternoon and nearly time to go.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Oct - 22:29

Olivia:
Going through the main people of interest took a lot of time. There were backstories, criminal histories, changes in home address, even a name change for one of them. By the time I looked up from the computer, it was much later than I expected. I planned to stay late tonight to finish up so we could start looking into some leads tomorrow. Drugs were a whole different ball game. Every day, every minute that we didn't have someone in custody, was one more crime committed.

I looked across the desks to my partner. "You heading out soon?" I asked, noticing the time.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Oct - 14:15

"In a bit." Getting up I took over her set of the notes, handing it over. "I'll make the request for surveillance equipment and permission before I head out. Find out anything during your inspections?"

Glancing over her screen I read over what little was there and then turned my attention back to her. Leaning against the desk behind her I waited to hear what she'd come up with in her observations.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Oct - 16:59

Olivia:
I turned in my seat and made a noise that wasn't confident. "There's a lot of stuff to go through. I can probably narrow down a few people to check out first, but there's no way to tell who's involved and how much." I said. "I'm gonna stay late to go through some more, but this is gonna take some on the ground work."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyFri 2 Nov - 20:40

"So be it. Do whatever you feel you need to do." I pushed off the desk and made to walk away then just paused. "We haven't exchanged numbers yet. And we'll need too to co-ordinate." I pulled out my phone, unlocked it, and just offered it out to her to input it into my contacts.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:07

Olivia:
I looked down at his phone and then reached to grab it. I quickly put my name and phone number into his phone and set myself a quick text so I would be able to save his number. I handed it back to him. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, looking back down at the papers in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySat 3 Nov - 16:24

"Sounds good. Let me know if you find anything interesting." Checking her number before stuffing the phone into my pocket I swung by my desk to snag my backpack and jacket. I paused a moment before grabbing the case folder.

When I got home I changed out of my work clothes and settled on the couch with a beer while flipping through everything. I could hear my mother and sister in the kitchen, making what smelled like tacos.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySat 3 Nov - 20:10

Olivia:
I kept at it for several hours. The office cleared and people went home. In the wee hours of the morning, I gathered my stuff and drove home to get a few hours of sleep. I didnt have a game plan for tomorrow but hopefully after running things by Pike, we could hit the ground running.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Nov - 19:31

In the morning I got up early, snagging a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then going out the door. I stopped by a coffee shop on the way for a muffin and the biggest coffee I could get.

Once in the station I glanced at the previous shift, I was several hours early and while I got a few glances no one said anything to me as I settled into my seat and began to check out the information. I pulled up old case files, old records and any information we had on where people lived and the neighborhoods.

I wanted to be ready for the stakeout.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Nov - 19:51

Olivia:
I slept through my first alarm but managed to rush through getting ready in order to make it to work on time. I was surprised to see Pike already sitting in his chair. I stopped by his desk, covering a yawn as I did so. "Hey, you're here early. What are you working on?" I asked, looking over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 16:37

"Filing for surveillance permits, checking into other drug cases to get an idea of what we may be facing and what might happen during it." I tapped a pencil against my lips for a moment then looked up at her. "You didn't get much sleep last night." I searched her face, noting the yawn. "How late were you up?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 17:05

Olivia:
I yawned again at the mention of sleep and shook my head as I set my things down on my desk. "Oh I don't know. I left here pretty late and managed to grab a few hours of sleep," I said. I grabbed the folder off my desk and handed it to him."We have all the information we could possibly need on any of the people of interest," I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 21:04

"Mmm. We shouldn't do the stake out today then." Setting the pencil down I grabbed my coffee in one hand and opened up the folder with the other. Flipping through it I skimmed the information inside, nodding slowly.

"I'm finalizing the paperwork for the stakeouts and getting an allotment of funds and gear prepared. Should be finished and put in within the hour. After that it's just waiting and prepping."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 21:12

Olivia:
I frowned and shook my head, not wanting my lack of sleep to put us behind. "No, we can. I can grab a coffee and be good as new," I insisted.

"What kind of gear did you put in for?" I asked. This would be my first case of this caliber and I wasn't sure exactly what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 21:40

"Drug kits, directional mics, cameras, laptops, recording equipment, and a few various odds and ends." I listed off, "And a vehicle order should we need it." Setting the folder down I looked her over for a moment then shrugged. "If you are sure you'll be fine for stakeout duty then we can."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 21:45

Olivia:
I nodded and thought about the equipment we would need. It put the case into perspective. I snapped out of it and stood up. "Let me head to break room to grab a coffee and then I'll be fine for anything," I told him, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 22:03

"So be it." I turned to focus on my screen to start working on finishing up the requisition orders. Within a few hours I managed to not only get permission, but had a decent fund put together. More than I was expecting to be granted.

Rubbing my chin I didn't ponder it for long. Either we were doing better fund wise as a department or perhaps this was more of a political move. Whichever it was we were set. The forensics and requisitions even offered a few locations we could camp out in.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 22:06

Julie:
I stopped by the break room and grabbed a cup to fill with coffee. I added just a bit of milk and sugar, hoping it was enough to keep me awake. If not, we would have to stop while we were out to get another one and Pike didn't seem the type for coffee breaks.

I headed back to the desk and saw him hunched over his work so I sat down and looked at a few maps of the city to get an idea of where we were headed.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 22:52

I picked the van as our first choice. An apartment would take far more commitment and could make things difficult for our first stake out. Especially as I still wasn't quite sure about her yet. An apartment was the same as us living together for a while.

Printing up the forms and doing the last signature for me I carried them over and laid them down on Bishop's desk. "Just need your signature. After we turn it in we can load up in the van. Might not be a bad idea to stop by home and grab a change of clothes, snacks, and so on."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 23:01

Olivia:
I nodded and leaned over to sign the paper he put in front of me. I was more than on board to stop home for snacks. Snacks would be a very important part of sitting around doing nothing but watching for hours on end. The change of clothes wouldn't be a bad idea either. While most wouldn't believe sitting could get uncomfortable, after a while, your body aches to stretch. My formal blazer would probably not last the entire stake out.

After I signed the paper, I stood up and grabbed my stuff. "I can drop this off if you want to start loading up the van," I offered, lifting the stack of papers.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 23:19

"Sure, I'll come along to get the stuff." I started to walk away then glanced over at her, "Might want to grab something to occupy yourself as well. We are taking turns keeping an eye on things."

I went to my desk then, signing out and locking it up. We had the approval and nothing said we couldn't start immediately. We needed to start a pattern, and building a portfolio on who was going to be around the target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle's Hearts
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next