The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naveen

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 47980
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Naveen - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue21/21Naveen - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySat 24 Nov - 23:32

“We do have moon chambers...they are holy places for us. I’d rather my injured soldiers took them however. I absorb easier than they will...”. I took s look at her expression and sighed, “but I can see if they have something.”

I continued to stroke her cheek, “Organize the watch, get the council to gather masons to repair the damage, and see to the funeral.”
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45743
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Nov - 1:20

Rina:

I dropped my gaze at the last bit. I was ashamed of it, but I had forgotten about the death in my worry and relief at seeing Savien. “I’m sorry,” I murmured, looking back up to him. A death of someone you knew was never easy, but when there were so few of his kind left, I knew it must make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Nov - 2:43

"It's not what any of us wanted...he will be missed. I'm sure Calan can help with the rest of it. But the funeral can't wait." Leaning over I kissed her forehead. "You have nothing to apologize for. It is our honor to serve our people."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 Dec - 14:26

Rina:

I closed my eyes. It was a shameful thought, but the first thing that came to mind was that I didn’t want him to be honorable. Not if it meant his death. I leaned in, pressing my face into the crook of his neck and shoulder while being careful not to put and weight on him. I reached up to lace my hand in his hair, holding onto him without putting any pressure on his wounds.

For most of my life I had no close friends. No one who I would grieve for if they were to die. When I finally did make those connections, the people I came to love, they were all as good as immortals to me. And elf, a witch, and an angel. Even Dorian was skilled enough that I didn’t worry about him.

But now I was aware that Savien, at least, wasn’t as invincible as I thought. And the thought of losing him was was more terrifying to me than dying a hundred times.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 Dec - 20:34

It was nice. Being held and touched like this. Often it was the otherway. I held her, comforted her. I relaxed, and without meaning too I drifted off one hand seeking out until it could rest upon her body.

I didn't dream, I didn't want too either. When my eyes opened the lights had been dimmed but I wasn't sure of the hour. I stared at the ceiling, picking out the imperfections in the stone even in the lesser light.

Slipping my eyes shut I murmured a soft prayer in elvish. Thanking the air that I was still alive. It was after my prayer that I turned my head to try and find Rina.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyFri 7 Dec - 13:44

Rina:

I hadn't realized he was asleep until he started to snore quietly. I had never known him to snore, so I assumed he was sleeping deeply. I sat up on my knees and watched him for a little while. Eventually, I was brought dinner and I moved away from him to eat. I listened to the soft voices coming from outside of our room. It was an oddly calming atmosphere.

I crawled back to him once I was done and curled up beside him. I took his hand in both of mine, hugging it to my body and listened to the sound of his deep breathing. It wasn’t long before I fell asleep too.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyFri 7 Dec - 14:42

Reaching out I gently cupped her sleeping face, tracing the delicate features of her face. Leaning forward I brushed a kiss over her cheek and I felt her start to stir under my lips. When her eyes opened I smiled softly at her, gently easing her closer to me.

I was about to ask how she slept when I felt a little impact into my side. I grunted and started to pull away while my hand went down to her stomach. My eyes widened as I felt another little motion and soon her hand joined my own.

Glancing up at her I flashed her a smile full of wonder and joy then returned to focusing on the little moment of life we were sharing.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySat 8 Dec - 14:23

Rina:

I moved my hand over his, my lips curving into a smile. I hadn’t felt it kick like this before, not that I was sure of. It kicked again under our hands and I gave a small laugh of wonder. I leaned forward and kissed Savien, sharing all of the emotions I felt in this moment.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySat 8 Dec - 15:26

I returned her kiss happily, glad for this little moment of joy when so much unhappiness had clouded us lately. A moment for our family. "I love you Rina." I murmured as I pulled back to just gaze lovingly at her.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 5 May - 19:48

Rina:

I didn’t complain to Savien as much after his accident. He needed a clear mind for his people while they grieved. And I found I was more distracted from the things that had been bothering me. I visited the temple often now. No one could deny me visiting the place and it was an easy way for me to get out of the nursery and be alone for some time. Or almost alone. Savien’s mother was always there, but she left me alone when I wanted to be alone in the temple. And when I didn’t, she was good company. She didn’t openly disapprove of me in the way many of the elves did.

I learned a lot from her in just a couple of months. We conversed almost entirely in elvish. Only when I could understand a concept in the language after trying multiple times would she speak in my language. I learned more from her than Savien because he always gave into me far to soon. She challenged me and because of it I could follow conversations in elvish with very little explanation. The only time I spoke my own languagenow was when I was alone with Talon.

I didn’t only learn the language from her, she also taught me about their history and traditions. It gave me a better understanding as to why they were the way they were. I didn’t agree with their current mindset, but at least I understood it better. She even showed me how to conduct some of the rituals in the temple, but that was only a recent development.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 5 May - 20:08

Aiyr:

"You are getting good at this." The human tongue was still strange sounding within these halls, but after the latest bout of language lessons, Rina was proving to be an adept student though in need of a firmer hand from time to time.

Changing back to the tongue of my people I laced my fingers in my lap and watched her with a practiced eye. "Something has changed within you. When I first began meeting you there was this...loneliness about you. You've come to either hide it well or perhaps you are finally becoming comfortable here."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 5 May - 20:45

Rina:

I nodded slowly. “Perhaps both,” I answered. I still felt lonely here, but far less than I had in the beginning. The fact that the baby was always kicking now as a constant reminder that I was never alone helped.

“You are to thank for that. I enjoy coming here, and our conversations. You have made this time easier. But also, I want to be comfortable in the home my child will grow up in.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 May - 21:43

"Mmm, I'm pleased to hear that. I suspect you didn't think this would be home." A hand was waved idly at a pair of novices who'd bowed their heads in greeting.

Human's as time had proven was delightfully interesting. There was no temper that Rina had been known for yet, and now that I had come to enjoy these moments I was rather loathed to cause her much strife. "Tell me, how did you actually want it to all happen?"
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 May - 21:59

Rina:

I thought about it for some time. “I am unsure. I didn’t think I would want this. I just wanted to help people. I was helping people, my people. I didn’t think to help other races until I met your son. I was more of a follower then. Going where I was ordered. The past two years… I didn’t want or expect any of it to happen the way it did. I don’t regret though, not this,” I said looking my arms over my round belly.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 May - 22:03

"Sometimes things happen unexpectantly for all the right reasons. My sons have always walked their own paths. It was one of the things we felt most important to impart to them. No matter the outcome, the path they walk must be one of their own choosing." A smile graced my lips at her actions, "I am glad that my wayward son found you. You bring balance to his life and adventure. He was never happy staying here. He loves his people, but this isn't where he feels most at home. I think that is with you and his friends."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 12 May - 20:16

Rina:

I smiled softly. “It is my hope that someday all of Naveen will be his home, will be everyone’s home. I’d like my child to grow up in a world united. Where they aren’t confined to a small corner just for what they are. I don’t want them to have to hide,” I said. Even I had to hide when I was growing up. I had to hide who I was to live how I wanted to. I didn’t want my child to have to hide a part of themself to be accepted on either side.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySun 12 May - 20:48

"Quite the world. One I would very much like to see happen. There are times when my people are against the war our Lord pulled us into. They would rather simply observe, see what happens. I think sometimes we have grown rather comfortable here, our fortress keeps us safe and we get by." Reaching to a small brasier I drew a kettle off and carefully poured a pair of cups.

Passing her cup across I held mine between both hands watching her over the steam. "I think it's good. My people are warriors, enchanted or not. Placid and docile we have become a far cry from what we once were."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 May - 19:58

Rina:

I took the cup from her with a soft. “thank you.” I blew on the hot tea for a moment before taking a sip. “Perhaps what the people need is some fresh blood to make them see that it’s worth it to fight rather than waste away.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 May - 20:28

"And so we have some, you and your young one. Though while I have come to enjoy your company more need convincing. Have you considered spending time around the city? Talking with others?" I took a long sip and settled the cup back on the table.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySat 18 May - 20:30

Rina:

“Most don’t seem to want to spend time around me. And I certainly doubt they would want to hear what I think about them and how they should move forward.” I took a sip of my tea and sighed. “It’s been difficult enough just convincing your son to see what I see, and he cares about me.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 EmptySat 18 May - 23:06

"I'm sure you've noticed we aren't a social lot outside of our people. Wary of outsiders who we almost never get to see anyway." I waved a hand absently, "I think there are very few who know what goes on in his head. Even I as his mother have trouble understanding him, and I can't say I've ever been able to do it."

I stirred my tea for a moment, "My boys were a blessing, So different however. One serious and thoughtful, the other carefree and private. Try as I might I never could get him to open up completely."

"That wouldn't entirely be true. I opened up a lot with my brother. Good morning Mother, my love." Talon smiled at both of us before setting down a stool and joining Rina and myself at the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naveen - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Naveen
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13