The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naveen

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45793
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Naveen - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue21/21Naveen - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 16 Nov - 21:29

Rina:

“I am Rina” I replied in elvish. I knew that much at least. I stepped toward her. “What have you-ah- questions?” I asked ending in my own language. I had been trying to speak the language when I could. I didn’t like the women in the nursery, so I didn’t have much opportunity to speak to them. And I spoke my native language with Savien because it was easier, but sometimes we would have short conversations in elvish
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48030
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 17 Nov - 12:44

Aiyr:

I cocked my head. Apparently she had been learning our language. It was clumsy, awkward, but a bit endearing she'd even tried. If she was going to try so hard then it would be rude not to reply in kind. "Rina, a pretty name. Come child. I have lots of things I wish to ask of the girl who has taken such an interesting place in my son's life."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 17 Nov - 13:44

Rina:

I couldn’t understand her. I had been learning elvish slowly, but I didn’t know enough to understand fully. All that I had gathered from what she said was the equivalent of ‘my son’ or ‘my child’. I knew that because one of the topics I discussed most in elvish was my own child.

Was she Savien’s mother then? Or was that simply a term of endearment she used for the lord? “Ah, my apologies, I am a still quite a novice with your language. I’m afraid I couldn’t understand what you said to me,” I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 17 Nov - 15:15

Beckoning for the pair to follow I clasped my hands together and took a slow pace through the hall and the door I had just come from. Dipping back to her own tongue I glanced back at her. "You do well to learn. Rina is a pretty name. I hope you have enjoyed the sights of our city."

I paused beside a heavy wooden door, placing a hand on it and glancing back at her with a sly smile, "I am High Priestess Aiyr. Though I suppose more important to you I am Talon's mother." Pushing open the door I exposed a sick room, several cots filled with injured soldiers with other elves tending to their injuries. At the far side of the room stood an archway and beyond on a soft bed lay Talon, two of my priestesses knelt on either side, glowing magic surrounding the trio.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 0:15

Rina:

So I was right in my interpretation of what she had said in elvish. For a moment I was surprised. She didn’t look like what I would have expected. I would have commented on it, but my eyes fell on Savien before I could.

The sight of him unconscious did nothing to ease my worry. “How badly was he hurt?” I asked Aiyr, worry knitting my brows together. My hand moved over my belly without my realizing it.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 1:39

"Come and see, he is still being healed." I made my way slowly across the room, laying a hand here and there or pausing to talk with the workers. Where ever I laid my hand the magic surged and glowed, when I talked with people it was with reverence they addressed me and yet they smiled too.

When we approached the archway I stopped peering in as I eyed the magic and my son. Turning to Rina I held out a hand before she entered. "He was gored along his side. His life isn't in much danger, especially not now that he is with us. Once he is finished healing you may speak with him. I will ask now, as I will tell you again once the healers finish. He needs rest. The fight took a lot out of him, but he was tired even before. The Lines give one less need to rest and recharge their natural energies. But it is not perfect and they still need time."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 21:38

Rina:

I stopped when she motioned to. I really wanted to just go to his side but I didn't want to disrupt the healers. "How long?" I asked. I couldn't help being impatient. It was enough that I held myself back.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 21:52

I arched a brow at her, dragging out the silence for a bit before answering. "How long until the finish? Shouldn't be too much longer. Until he is rested? I'd give him a few days." I beckoned her to the side where a bench lay. Taking a seat I spread my robes around me. "So tell me about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 22:08

Rina:

I didn't sit down, instead, my gaze lay on Savien for a moment longer. "Ah, what would you like to know?" I asked, turning to her. There was a lot about my past that I wouldn't like to talk about. Especially not with Savien's mother. What was I supposed to say to her? That I was once a princess but I had given up the title in marriage yet it was a marriage that lasted for only a few hours? Or that I was a warrior who had been kicked out of an army only to become the leader of my own army only to end up here doing nothing?
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 22:12

"Anything you'd like to tell me. It's interesting to see what is readily shared but also the gaps people leave." I only glanced at my son once more, instead focusing my entire attention on Rina. A smile played about my lips and I looked her up and down a moment before asking, "If that is a bit too difficult to begin. How about this. What is your interest in my son? Why him?"
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 22:43

Rina:

I glanced at him again and my mind suddenly went blank with trying to think of an appropriate response. The only thing I could think of at that moment made my cheeks warm. I wasn't prone to blush, but I had also never been questioned by the mother of my lover.

"We are well suited for each other," I said after a moment of composing myself. "I think we can be ourselves with each other. That's why we've stayed together." It hadn't been that way in the beginning. It started as a purely physical arrangement and evolved into a relationship from there.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Nov - 22:49

"Mmm, I wonder if that's the only reason.  Usually I don't see someone blushing just because they are 'well suited'."  I followed her gaze as the magic surrounding the young Lord pulsed and then began to fade away.

"When did you meet?  He has avoided me in the time he returns here.  I didn't even know of your existence until the two of you arrived together." The healers began to work in ways beyond the magical. Applying a poltice to his side and then binding his torso in bandages. I kept an eye on their work, nodding in satisfaction at their work. Our warriors were difficult to heal. Resistant to magic, even if it was designed to help them.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 18:32

Rina:

"We met around two years ago," I said. I couldn't remember the exact dates. We hadn't exactly been together for that long. In fact, I had greatly disliked him for the first couple of months. it wasn't until we came here the first time that we had become closer... "He was working with the leader of a rebel camp that I was a part of for some time."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 18:49

"Hm, I've heard about that venture. I had heard things ended poorly, and yet some of our soldiers are talked with assisting a rebel force still." I tapped my cheek for a moment, "Yes, something like that reached my ears. I wasn't pleased with the idea at the time. It's hard enough defending our home as you well see before you. To lose any of the elves on something beyond our mountain is tough to stomach."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:02

Rina:

“If you want to live in a world grater than this mountain, you have contribute to it. We’re fighting to make this country a better place for non-human. For that we need everyone to help,” I said firmly. I didn’t want this to turn into her disapproving of anything to do with the outside world.

“And no elves have died for the cause. They’re typically far better better in combat that anything we have fought thus far. They’re quite valuable and they are actively helping to make a difference.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:14

"Oh, and there is the fire and spirit that those in the Nursery have complained of." A smile won out across my face. "It is not me you need to convince Rina. Your words have a ring of truth to them, however when it comes down to it, should you win the war then what happens after? Do you truly believe things will change so easily? My people trust in their Lord. He works hard to keep us safe. But it is my job to guide the hearts and many aren't so sure what he is doing is the right path."

Standing I smoothed out my robes, "I'm glad you think highly of our warriors. But unfortanetly you fight a war. War takes many lives even if they are skilled." I regarded her for a moment, "We shall have to speak again. Brief as this was it was enjoyable. Go to my son, but be careful we can only do so much when it comes to healing those like him."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:29

Rina:

I nodded. There was more I would have said to her, but she had effectively ended the conversation. I thought she was exactly the person I needed to be talking to. If the people trusted her, and I could make her see my side of things, it was a fair chance that that would have more influence.

I moved to Savien’s bed when the healers cleared away. I knelt beside the bed reached to smooth my hand through his hair gently. I didn’t mean to wake him up, I just wanted the physical contact.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:35

Savien:

My eyes fluttered at her touch and I blinked at the light in the room while things swam into focus. "Rina?" I asked softly, confused for a moment at the sight of her. Reaching out I touched her leg, then her arm, and finally rested my fingertips on her cheek. "Hi." I started to stir, to sit up but a lance of pain in my side brought a hissing wince and the reminder of where I was and why.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:59

Rina:

“Just relax,” I said, pressing a hand to his shoulder gently to keep him still. I leaned down to kiss him softly. It was meant to be a soft, quick kiss at least, but when my lips touched his emotion made me linger. Worry and relief swirled together. I kissed him twice and started to pull back then kissed him once more. It wasn’t forceful, just insistent.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 20:03

Her kisses were welcome and I returned all of them with matching intensity.  "I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to get hurt, was trying to handle it without worrying you."  I paused for a moment then glanced about us.  I was in the temple, it was usually where the injured were brought.  But I barely remembered getting off the wall after slaying the Ancient creature.

"I wanted to show you the temple but not like this." I was babbling a bit, letting the words spill out as they came to me. But mostly I simply didn't want to worry her anymore. I didn't want to be weak in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 23:02

Rina:

“It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re safe,” I said softly. I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with his. It was strange seeing him like this. I had never thought about the possibility of Savien dying before me. The thought terrified me, especially in my present situation.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Nov - 0:32

I closed my eyes and squeezed her hand. I shifted again, this time just to get comfortable. "I wanted to take you into the temple one day. Not like this but...i've always liked the history and how it looks." Opening my eyes I turned my head to look at her.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Nov - 18:00

Rina:

"When you've recovered, you can show me around then," I said, squeezing his hand back. I shifted, trying not to move the bed too much as I laid down beside him. "I'll stay here until you're better." I kissed the back of his hand.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Nov - 18:41

"Better...might take a few days. I will be leaving tomorrow. Still more I need to do. And the best thing I can do is spend time under the moon to absorb as much energy as possible." Pulling my hand from hers I reached out and traced her lips with my finger tips then slid them over her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Nov - 20:48

Rina:

“I think that you can spend time under the moon here,” I said leaning my head into his hand. “And what could you need to do that couldn’t wait a few more days for you to recover? Your people have managed months without you. I think they will be okay for a couple days until you are well enough.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naveen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naveen   Naveen - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Naveen
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next