The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saved for Macha

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44698
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Saved for Macha - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue21/21Saved for Macha - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Saved for Macha - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:17

Emily:
"Okay...you're okay," I said, holding her to me. "Everything is gonna be okay," I tried to reassure her. I held her to me for a long time before I pulled away and grabbed the blanket again. Then, even though she was too big for it, I picked her up and we went to the couch. I settled her down with the blanket and the remote and then ran back into the kitchen to get a bag of frozen peas from the freezer. When I returned, I pressed it gently against her cheek. "We don't have to talk about it right now," I said, running my fingers through her hair again. It didn't mean I wouldn't ask her about it later, but for now, I can see that she was overwhelmed. "So lets put on a movie and you can get it started while I go run inside and make a quick phone call," I said.

I didn't really wait for an answer as I popped in one of her favorites and then went back into the kitchen. I grabbed my call phone and started to dial when my eyes fell on the letter I had dropped. I picked it up and opened it and as soon as I finished, I knew exactly what had happened what to Lexi and my hands started shaking. I managed to finish dialing and held the phone to my ear, hoping Michael would answer the phone.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48070
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Saved for Macha - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue21/21Saved for Macha - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:23

"Lieutenant Brooks, what can I do for you?". I replied as the phone rang in my pocket. I looked over the report before me a pen tapping against my thigh.

Lexi:

I cried silently on the couch, holding the frozen peas to my cheek. Under the blanket I'd drawn my knees to my chest and hugged it with one arm. I didn't want to go home, but I didn't want to tell Emily that my father had backhanded me and my mother had gripped my arms. I didn't want to lose her as my babysitter.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:29

Emily:
As soon as I heard his voice, my eyes filled with tears. I wasn't gonna keep him from his sister, even if I lost my job over it. "Um," I said into the phone, trying to get my voice under control so that he wouldn't know I was about half a second away from losing my shit. "Michael, it's Emily..." I said, my voice sounded weird, even to my own ears. The only thing stopping me from driving to her parents house and raising hell was that I wouldn't leave her here alone. "Something happened today....I was just wondering if you could come over?" I asked. I knew she would want to him. He made her feel safe. And if he stayed with her, I could maybe go do something about her parents. But then as soon as I asked, I realized he would see her face and I didn't know what he would do when he found out.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:44

Her voice made me smile at first, but the way she sounded turned the happiness sour. "Emily? Yeah I can come over. Um...i am at the base, I need to finish up this report but after I can head over. Will take me an hour or hour and a half.". I drummed my fingers on the table s moment then asked softly, "everything is okay right?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:50

Emily:
I set the letter down on the counter and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Uh, everything is gonna be okay. I just really need to talk to you so hurry over, okay?" I said. "I have to get back to Emily now, so just come over as soon as you can," I said, then quickly hung up. I bit my lip, hard and wiped at my eyes. I couldn't believe her parents would do this. There was no doubt in my mind after reading the letter that they did it.

I went back to the living room and saw Lexi curled up into a ball. I quickly saw down next to her, and pulled her close. "Hey, come here," I said, taking the peas off her cheek. I didn't want her to freeze so I would put it back in a couple minutes or so. I didnt want to tell her that Michael was coming over. I didn't want her to worry for another second about it. I knew she would be happy to see him and that was all that mattered. "Im here, okay? Im not going anywhere," I promised.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:57

Lexi:

I leaned into her, my tears reducing down into little sniffles. "I'm sorry....". I murmured as another tremble passed through me. My voice was broken, and though my eyes were on the screen I wasn't watching the movie.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Sep - 23:00

Emily:
I wrapped my arms around her and shook my head. "You don't have anything to be sorry about," I told her, honestly. "Now lets try to have a relaxing day," I said, soothingly. Every couple minutes I varied between pressing the peas against her face and giving it a little break.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 13:00

Michael:

Even though I tried to rush it took me almost the full hour and a half that I'd said to get to Emily's. I ran through the rain onto her porch, dressed in my uniform, before knocking on her door.

Lexi:

I stayed curled up in the blanket ball, though eventually I ended up laying down with my head on her lap. Lethargy claimed my limbs, and while no new tears were shed I couldn't help but tremble lightly every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 13:11

Emily:
I sat with her for almost two hours while I waited for Michael to get here. She has stopped crying but every so often she would shudder. I kept soothingly running my fingers through her hair, hoping it was helping a little bit. I didn't even know exactly what I planned to say. I knew he would want to know that his parents had beat his sister. Maybe he would stay here with her while I went over there and- I stopped that thought. Violence wasn't the only answer here. I would probably have to call the police once she told either me or Michael what happened.

When there was a knock on the door, I I gently shifted her head onto a pillow and then knelt down by her head. "I'll be right back okay?" I said. I kissed her forehead and then went to answer the door. When I opened it, I bit my lip, hard and almost felt like crying again. "Michael...." I said, trailing off, unsure if I should just tell him or let him see it for himself.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 13:30

Michael:

I gazed at Emily, searching her face and the tears that I could see threatened just below the surface. Motion behind her drew my attention to what looked like Lexi fleeing up the stairs but once out of sight I looked at Emily. "It's going to be okay Emily. Tell me what happened and I'll make it better. I promise." This uncertainty was killing me. I didn't know what was wrong. I'd faced down people in firefights, been blown up, shot. But this made me worry more.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 13:33

Emily:
I swallowed and motioned for him to come inside. I grabbed the letter off the counter and held it out to him. "You should probably read this," I said, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 14:21

Michael:

I followed her inside, noting the blanket on the floor and the bag of peas. With a frown I joined her in the kitchen and then took the letter. I had to read it twice just to understand it. "Damn it..." I cursed and gazed up at the ceiling. "I can guess that Lexi gave you this...I probably shouldn't be hear you know." Puffing out a sigh a hand smoothed back my hair.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 14:28

Emily:
I shook my head. "Thats not really why I called you over here..." I said. I sighed and looked at the floor. "Michael, I think your parents hit her." I said, decided I couldn't hold it in any longer. "She has bruises all over. On her face, her arms," I said. "I think I should call the police or something," I told him. "But I thought you should know first," I finished. My hands were shaking a little.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 14:46

There it was. The full answer. It hit me in the stomach and yanked the air from my lungs. Slowly I focused on her shocked, confused, scared, and angry. "Where is she?" I demanded softly. My gaze finally tore away from her, the letter placed on the counter while a deadly calm settled over me.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 14:52

Emily:
"I think she went upstairs," I said, watching his face carefully. "But Michael, she's really upset so you have to calm down before you go up there," I told him. He was strangely still, which is what concerned me. He looked calm, but over these last few weeks of getting to know him, I'd like to think I knew him a little better. "She's okay. I promise she's okay. Just upset," I told him. My hands were still shaking a little and I tried to get them to stop. As soon as I was sure he wasn't going to do anything crazy, I was going to call the police.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 15:23

I hissed a breath out between my teeth and I gripped the counter with both hands as I leaned my hips against it. I kept facing her as I closed my eyes. "I will need time...just...how could this have happened? I have only been visiting her here with you..."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 15:27

Emily:
"I don't know. I didn't tell them," I said, hoping he believed me. "Lexi hasn't told me who did it yet, but I know I'm not wrong," I said. I felt it in my bones that it was her parents who had done it. "Maybe she mentioned you at some point," I shrugged. "But I'm not sending her home," I said, my lower lip trembled. "When she got here she was shaking and I didn't notice at first..." I trailed off and shook my head. "I didn't know what else to do, so I just called you first."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 15:37

"That is probably what happened. My parents...they could do this...they have never hit me but when angered my Father gets violent and Mother...she grabs people when they displease her." I sighed and rubbed at my face. "She can't go home...not if this is true...but we need to find out from her first. I pray this is all a misunderstanding..."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 15:40

Emily:
I nodded in agreement and took a deep breath. "Do you wanna go talk to her?" I asked. "She didn't seem to want to tell me much...maybe you'll have better luck?" I said, leaning against the counter.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 17:03

"I'll try soon...I need to calm down...I dont think I'll get calmer when I see the...bruises." I murmured with a sigh. "If she won't tell me. What do you think we should do?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 17:35

Emily:
"If she doesn't tell you, I'm going to your house and getting the answers myself. And then when I have them, I'll go to the police and see if Emily can stay with me for the time being," I told him. "But either way, she's not going back there," I said, totally serious.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 18:52

"I don't know if they would let you, but it's worth trying. I agree. I don't want her going home. but it's a matter of can I get Alexis to open up if the police will even listen.". I ran a hand down my face and sighed. "Probably as good as I am gonna get here...alright. I'm ready to head up."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Sep - 22:40

Emily:
"Okay...I'll be down here if you need anything," I said.I went to the freezer and grabbed another bag of peas. "Here, put this on her face again. I dont want it to swell too badly," I said, holding it out.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptySun 25 Sep - 3:32

I took the bag and nodded. "Wish me luck...i can only hope she opens up to me...". Carrying the bag I went up the stairs and knocked on her door.

"Go away! You can't be here! I can't lose both of you!". She sobbed from the otherside.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 EmptySun 25 Sep - 17:13

Emily:
I sighed when he was out of sight and went to the couch in the living room. I put my head in my hands and rubbed my temples. I was getting a headache from all the drama.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saved for Macha   Saved for Macha - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saved for Macha
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next