The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female
Number of posts : 37170
Adopted Family: : Much adopted. Very happy.
Job : Being awesome. Duh.
Credits : 61701
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name: Little Lottie
Group: Nature Spirits
Health:
A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Left_bar_bleue21/21A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Empty
PostSubject: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyWed 5 Jun - 23:05

STOP. Cooks, nanny's and teachers wanted. STOP. Western towns in need of all. STOP. Voyage $120. $50 to poor women. STOP. Come fast before all slots are taken. STOP.

This is the telegram that was sent to the post office in my city.

That's what I read before I got on the boat that was to take me from Connecticut all the way to Washington, Seattle Territory. It's 1866 and I need to get away from all of this- strife. New Haven just wasn't working for me with the poverty and the grabby men. I wanted to be a cook out there! Cook for towns and make some actual money! So I signed up. Only to figure out that this was a sham. We were just about to hit port in Washington and I find out that this man, G.H. Johnston is a man that gives mil order brides! Men pay, and he takes us, gullible women to them to be married off.
Not something I want.
Ever.
Why do I need to marry?
I'm fine on my own...

Name: Sarah Wilkonson
Looks: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Light_10

Last edited by Athena's Daughter on Thu 6 Jun - 23:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://searchingforloveinthedark.tumblr.com
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Number of posts : 9239
Credits : 30576
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Left_bar_bleue21/21A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyThu 6 Jun - 23:51

Alias: G.H. Johnson
Looks:
A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Il_fullxfull.231563630
( LOOK AT THAT MAJESTIC FUCKIN' 'STACHE. BEAUTIFUL. )
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyThu 6 Jun - 23:54

(I need to go puke over that ugly ass mustache... But thanks)
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyThu 6 Jun - 23:56

(XD Okay, shave the handlebars, but this is the guy. )
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 0:07

(OKIE DOKIE! Here's the starter)

I held my trunk and looked at the steamboat that was gong to take me all the way to Seattle. Oh wow Seattle- across the country into untamed territory. But I was doing what I loved, I was being a cook in one of their inns. That was enough for me I guess, I wasn't leaving anything behind in New Haven, so why was I so nervous to go?
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 13:43

I busily greeted the new girl, giving her a grand smile of mine. A courier came with a message, telling me that another girl was on her way, a cook of sorts! I thanked him, giving him some spare change, and sent him on his way.

Last edited by Goldhog7 on Fri 7 Jun - 14:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 14:06

(HAPPY SENIOR SKIP DAY!)

I started up the plank that led to the main deck, dragging my trunk behind me. I didn't have much, so I didn't really need a big room. I was hoping for a room on my own actually... That would be nice. Once I got onto the deck and I breathing heavily and I used my sleeve to wipe my forehead as I looked around, tons of women rushing and milling around the deck. "Oh my goodness..."
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 14:55

( YAY FOR SENIORS SKIPPING! Very Happy )

I was on the deck, smiling and waving at the women. "Excuse me! Who here is Sarah Wilkonson?" I called.
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:01

(Hell yeah I went shopping and ate froyo for lunch. YAY FOR BEING FATASSES!)

"What?" I asked and turned towards the voice. "Right here!" I called and took my trunk, bringing it towards him. "I am."
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:05

( TO FATASSES! * Raises glass in toast * )

I smiled brightly. "Hello, Miss Wilkonson! I'm Mr. Johnston. You'll be working for me." I offered my hand.
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:06

"And then once we get to Washington?" I asked him, getting straight to the point. It was always the same with these business men, all talk to promise...

(Wow... Lmfao omg wow)
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:10

"You'll be my chef! Until a man finds what he's looking for."

( Hey, It's what I do. )
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:12

(I can tell Razz)

I gave him a skeptical look but nodded. "Alright, I take it I'm cooking on the ship as well?" I sighed and rested my hands on my hips. Until a man finds what hes looking for? Food? They'll all find food- wait there weren't any men on this ship though...
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:19

I smiled. "You got it! You'll be the chef here until we get to Washington!"
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:25

"How long will that be?" I asked him, just trying to figure him out and get my bearings. There was about to be at least 75 women on this ship by the looks of it. But that was small compared to what I had to cook at the inn around dinner time.
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:28

I smiled. "Oh, this ship makes the round in about a few days! Very fast!" I picked up her luggage. "Allow me! I'll make sure everyone is ready to go!"
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:31

Connecticut to Washington in days? He's got to be kidding me... And what was with his eyebrows, did he try to shave them the wrong way? I thought and followed him not saying anything else.
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:36

( XD Eyebrows. )

I put them in the barge. "There we go, right as rain!" I jogged back up, helping all the other women on.
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:41

(Have you really taken a close look at the picture? His eyebrows look like Spock's eyebrows!!)

I watched my trunk go and bit my lip. I hope nothing broke in there, all my clothes were protecting my sea glass collection...
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:43

( As much as I approve of the Star Trek reference ( AND BOY DO I ) I just kinda picked him for that 'stache )

As the last few got on board, I told them the trip would take a few weeks, at most two months.
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:50

(Hahaha I'm a guilty trekie!! I love the movies and I used to watch the show all the time)

I walked around and eventually found my way o the galley, getting on an paron and firing everything up, feeling in my element and at home already.
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 15:52

( XD Sadly, I don't know much about the show. I just watch Big Bang Theory. )

I went to find Sarah, and saw she was right at home in the kitchen. "Ah, hello! I trust you're cozy here?"
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 16:03

(THE BIG BANG THEORY IS MY BABY sorry, I mean yeah I watch that show it's hilarious)

"What?" I asked looking up from peeling potatoes. "Yes, I found it easily. I would assume that my room is close by?" I asked and wiped my hands off on the apron.
Back to top Go down
Goldhog7
Roleplay God
Roleplay God

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 16:08

( I understand, it's awesome. XD Also, are you a gamer? )

I nodded. "Yes, it's down the hall, second door to the left!" I smiled, pointing out the hall. It was hard to be a good host all the time. The smile wore on my cheeks and face.
Back to top Go down
Athena's Daughter
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Athena's Daughter

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) EmptyFri 7 Jun - 16:17

(Not really anymore, I don't have enough time. Plus my older sister had taken Wii to college with her, for like three years -_-)

"Thank you." I said curtly and went back to peeling my potatoes, hoping he'd leave if I ignored him long enough...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)   A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wedding Without a Bride (2 person Closed)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next