The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfect School

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45828
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Perfect School - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue21/21Perfect School - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Perfect School - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Apr - 1:26

Kira received a more complete briefing on the situation. The name and connections of the target. He was the son of a man in a similar position as Marie. He was her biggest competition. She wanted the son for information as well as a bargaining chip. If Kira and Jonah were able to succeed in the mission, it would also be a show of power, that Marie had the best there was working for her. Marie told Kira that she would be in charge of the mission and that she was to make the decisions should something go wrong. Marie was counting on her to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48065
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Perfect School - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue21/21Perfect School - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Apr - 1:34

I sat back down at her behest and listened intently to the rest of the mission parameters. Inside I was frowning, feeling ill at ease over the whole mission. I felt I'd barely escaped Marie's eye when Krissy came here. An Island was much smaller, but that much easier to keep a hold of. How we would manage this was going to be tricky.

And to add to it all, I was in charge. Jonah would not like that. I was certain that he would protest it. But I wasn't about to let him take over. I needed this mission to go flawlessly. I needed everything to be perfect. If I did, maybe I could relax a little. Things would be alright. Maybe for once in his life Jonah would do as I asked, without pulling an agenda.

Though the longer I thought about it, even after I was dismissed, the more I was certain. Jonah would try something. Which meant I needed to step up and create a method that would help keep him in line.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Apr - 1:49

Jonah:

I didn’t see Kira again until we were leaving Marie. I was then told that Kira was in charge of the mission and would be making all executive decisions. That was a mistake on Maire’s part. She thought it would keep me in line, but it was more likely to ruin the mission.

Kira was an excellent assassin, but she was not a master planner. She was sharp, but she was a sheep not a Shepard. Marie was adding unnecessary tension between the two of us. It was more likely to get Kira killed than it was to make the mission go smoothly.

It didn’t matter for me. Kira would have been an obstacle for me regardless of what Maire said to her. Now she would be more easily manipulated.

I contacted Zero during the night. I didn’t tell her what was going on, but rather I had her set up a few things for me in the Philippines. I found out the information I needed to have on my own.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Apr - 2:08

I could tell from Jonah's expression that he wasn't pleased.  It made me focus all the more on what I could do to keep Jonah in line.  Bribing him seemed the best course of action, give him something he wanted.  But more than I fully wanted to give as well.  He wouldn't take an even trade.

"Jonah we need to talk."  I moved down the aisle and sat across from him.  He was on his phone, tapping away a message.  I glanced out the window, crossing one leg over the other as I took a moment to gather my thoughts.

"You don't like that I'm in charge."  It was a simple statement and I finally looked at him after it.  "But what's done is done.  Tactics are more your suit than mine.  But I also know you.  Don't make this into something we regret."

Looking down at the ground for a moment I bit my lip for a moment then stood up.  "So behave yourself."  Moving to walk past him I paused and leaned in closer my lips barely brushing his ear so I could murmur, "If you do...I want you to take me on a date, because you are right. I do have some feelings. But also to make up for you skipping out on breakfast."  Straightening I returned to the couch, lounging across it and picking up my laptop as if I hadn't just shared a personal secret with him.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Apr - 0:09

Jonah:

Kira was trying to manipulate me. If it had been under other circumstances, perhaps I would have let her win if only to get my way in the end. But now I had something bigger within grasp. Kira could have offered me almost anything and still I would proceed with my plan. The only thing she could do to stop me at this point was to swear she would help me over take Marie and mean it. That, or kill me.

Not even her confession of having feelings did anything to sway me. It wasn’t much of a confession anyway. I knew she had feelings. She could mean that she felt friendship toward me. Or she felt physically attracted to me. It wasn’t enough.

For the first few hours of the flight I didn’t speak to her. I watched the land we flew over, and listened to music with headphones. After a lunch I moved to sit next to her. “I’ll behave. But Kira, you’re going to need my help. This is too big of a mission to plan on your own. You can have the final say, but you should use my help.” She would be suspicious if I simply let her lead. I would never do that and she knew it. And it was true, she couldn’t do this on her own. Not successfully. Not without the help of me, or Zero, or someone else pulling strings.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Apr - 15:12

I sighed as he sat next to me on the couch, forcing me to pull my legs back so as to not crowd him. Pulling off my own headphones I searched his face for a long moment. "Jonah. I know you don't like this. I know you are planning something. I can deal with that. The mission must be completed however."

Looking out the window for a long moment eventually I nodded, "I will use you. Because you are right. I need help. But Jonah...don't ruin this for us. We have a chance to get things calmed down. I need this. For my own sanity if nothing else."

Turning my laptop towards him I showed him that I was already working with Zero and the tentative plan I had in mind so far.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Apr - 21:42

Jonah:

“I may have my own agenda, but you know I wouldn’t do anything to piss off Marie that badly,” I said. It was a lie. I leaned in to look at the plans she and Zero had mocked up, and made small suggestions.

There had been a moment last night when I hesitated with my plans. It would severely damage my relationship with Kira depending on how much I had to do to get what I wanted. It wouldn’t be the same. She was on the verge of giving into me. This would undo so much of the work I had done.

But then, she was only on the verge of giving into me physically. Her mind was still reluctant to give in. She was still Marie’s. She wouldn’t turn against the woman for me. That was why I had to do this. I had to make my own way and take the consequences.

For a second, I looked at Kira’s face as she explained some of the plans. Would I let her get hurt to get what I wanted? Probably. Would I let her die? I traced her face with my eyes until I got to her throat. Would I kill her?
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Apr - 23:33

Kira:

"I can name several things that would disagree with that statement Jonah." I countered softly while pulling off my headphones entirely and tossing them across the aisle to an empty chair. I glanced from the plans to him, curious as to what he thought.

It didn't take long for small suggestions to come forward and with Zero on the line we hashed out the few changes until everyone was satisfied with the arangement. Zero wasn't going to be able to follow or help us with this task, so when I finally hung up the call with her it was basically done on her end.

Settling back I pulled the laptop onto my lap and leaned over the screen, lacing my fingers together as I tried to plan and think of contingencies and changes that might need to happen once we landed on the island. I could feel Jonah's eyes on me and I glanced his way, catching his gaze sliding down from my face.

I couldn't quite read his expression, but it made the hairs on the back of my neck rise and the urge to quickly get away from him began to bubble up. My instincts told me I should move, and yet I stayed.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Apr - 0:13

Jonah:

I met her gaze when she looked at me. In a micro expression, I saw fear flash in her eyes. I couldn’t help the momentary surge of satisfaction followed by the urge to kiss her. We held each other’s gaze for a moment longer than we should have.

I leaned back and looked out the window at the ocean far below us. I wouldn’t kill her. Not unless she tried to kill me. And I wouldn’t let her die if it was within my power to prevent. Still, we wouldn’t be the same after this.

My life was going to change. In the transition, Kira might hate me, but after? When Marie was gone, and I was in her place. Would Kira chose to stay? Would she try to stop me along the way? She was likely the only person who could, and then only if she caught me off guard. From now on that would be nearly impossible for her.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Apr - 0:39

When he leaned away it was as if the spell was broken. My breathing had slowed and I had to take a breath to catch up. Leaning across the aisle I snagged my headphones and plugged them back into the laptop.

I wanted this mission to go well. If it did things would return to normalcy. I could spend some time with my family again, go away on a visit. Maybe convince them to go on a trip somewhere with me. I wanted to actually do something, rather than get together and try and learn about each other.

And on top of that, if Jonah followed through with his word I had a date in my future as well. He could plan just about anything. I couldn't begin to guess what it was going to be. I was sure to have a good time too. I knew I wasn't certain about things yet, but maybe for once I could act my age. Enjoy myself. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to kiss him again...
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr - 0:59

Jonah:

I moved back to a reclining chair and watched out of the window for a time. Eventually I took a light nap anticipating little restful sleep in the next few days. We landed on an Island and stayed in a hotel there overnight. In the morning we would take a boat to our final destination.

We used the time to come up with a more detailed plan and contingency plans. Kira and I usually worked well together on an assignment, but Marie had added tension on top of a difficult job. Still, we managed to sort things out without too many objections on her part. She knew she needed my help, and I knew I had to have her approval to get anything done.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr - 14:00

Kira:

It was different being in charge. Jonah played things like a chessboard, setting up his pieces and planning dozens of steps and contingencies to best utilize everything at his disposal. I wasn't like that. I couldn't plan so many steps ahead and didn't bother trying. I took the information and made plans accordingly, but I also trusted my gut instincts in arranging things. It caused no shortage of tension between the two of us but we managed to get things worked out.

I spent the first part of the night prepping my gear. It took far longer as I spent far too long packing far too much. I made myself stop after a couple hours. This wasn't like me. I wasn't worried about the job, but I was pushing myself too hard to see this done. I took several minutes to collect myself before spending the next few hours after unpacking everything and packing a better collection for the task ahead. With that finally accomplished I slept for the remaining half of the night, dozing in and out of light cat naps.

In the morning we exchanged information on what we had packed, adjusted a few items, then went down to the docks to our boat. Once onboard I gave it a once over, then stashed my gear and some spare clothes on the top bunk bed that was supposed to be for the crew. Our driver would sleep by the wheel, he'd already set up a little sleeping bag and nodded at us when we'd boarded. I could have grabbed the main cabin's bed. But after looking it over, it seemed better to tie up our captive there. We weren't going to be staying on the ship, but in a hotel on the island. But I was just trying to be prepared.

Before long we were underway, and by the time the sun was setting we were pulling into the docks. Our driver was going to remain on the ship to keep an eye on things and remain prepared to leave at any time. "This isn't going to be like Vegas I hope you know." I was leaning on the railing, looking up towards the city with my suitcases all ready to go for the hotel.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr - 14:25

Jonah:

“A trap designed to catch us off guard? I would hope not. That was a waste of time, and skill, and lives,” I said, eyes on the dock and the people on it. Marie may be powerful, but she had made some poor decisions. Contrary to Kira’s beliefs, I hadn’t enjoyed the Vegas trip. Even the parts just spent with her were spoiled because we had been faking it.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr - 14:32

Glancing at him out of the corner of my eyes I nodded. "Shame we wont be able to take in the sights at least." Focusing ahead I pushed off the railing, "I rather enjoyed that part of the Vegas trip."

Within minutes our boat was parked and the appropriate fees were paid to dock and stay. Our driver helped get our bags onto the dock and once Jonah joined me I linked my arm in his. "To our hotel then? Or did you want to do some exploring before it got dark?" I asked him in a tender voice. I fell into the role of a couple in love, hiding myself into the mask as I smiled up at him. We didn't need to appear like newly weds, all hands and intimacy.

That didn't stop myself from glancing at his lips for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr - 23:55

Jonah:

“Perhaps something to eat?” I suggested. There was a restaurant near the dock. I had a meeting with someone who would be working in the kitchen. If I didn’t go with Kira, then I would have to leaver her alone at the hotel and meet him on my own. Going there with her would be easier and draw less suspicion. It was a simple matter to go to the bathroom and slip into the kitchen while I was at it.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 0:00

"Sounds good." I wasn't particularly hungry, but I couldn't exactly refuse. Since getting drugged I had little desire to eat something from someone I didn't trust, or didn't watch being made. The last thing I wanted was another fiasco and mistake.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Apr - 0:03

Jonah:

On our way to the hotel, I pointed out a restaurant for us to eat at. It was the one I needed to go to, but I did it nonchalantly so as not to draw her suspicion. If she said no, I would move on without protest. She was in charge, and it would stay that way until I needed to make my move.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Apr - 19:23

I looked over the restaurant, taking in the bustle of bodies that were just leaving and the smaller collection going in. It seemed a popular place. "Sure, that one looks good." I agreed after another moment to consider. After he opened the door and we stepped inside I drew in a deep breath of the food that permeated the air.

"Do you know enough of the language to get by?" I asked him softly as we were sat at a table with provided menus. I took a glance over the menu and didn't see anything that made sense to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 19:32

Jonah:

I glanced up at her from my menu. “I know some, yes,” I said. If I had been prepped farther in advance I would have been able to understand more. As it was I could read simple texts and signs, I could ask questions, and I could understand simple answers. If I needed to hold a more in-depth conversation I was confident that I would be able to get the gist of it.

I murmured the menu items to her, skipping over things I knew she wouldn’t like. When the waiter came by I ordered for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 19:43

I listened to his explanations with small nods. Traveling with Jonah did have it's perks. If he didn't outright know a language he knew enough to get by in some capacity. I wasn't particularly hungry, and the idea of eating something I couldn't trust didn't entirely appeal to me but I needed to blend in. I'd have to trust even if only a little.

"Is there any language you don't know anything about yet?" I asked him after the waiter walked away with our order.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr - 23:45

Jonah:

“Most of them. I only know the most common. I know bits and pieces, or phrases from all the major languages, but even I could not learn them all. I would have to devote all of my studies to it. But if I have a week I could learn enough to hold a conversation in any given language,” I said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Apr - 19:52

I nodded at his answer. I knew enough to get by in a handful of languages but only spoke fluently in two. His brain was to be envied. He could have been anything he set his mind too, and made that field flourish because of it. It was almost a shame he was picked up by the school.

“I’m envious. Languages aren’t something I pick up easily.” Lacing my fingers together and setting my elbows on the table I made a little platform with my fingers to set my chin upon.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Apr - 22:26

Jonah:

We talked quietly until dinner came. Midway through I excused myself to go to the restroom. I stepped into the kitchen and spoke to one of the chefs. A moment later a man came up and handed me a paper bag. I went to the restroom and tucked it away in my jacket before returning to Kira.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Apr - 23:56

Kira:

I ate idly from my food, having to force the first few bites as past experience played through my mind. But when it seemed safe enough I rather enjoyed it. Even his rather long trip to the bathroom wasn't minded as I settled into the atmosphere of the restaurant and people. I glanced up from my meal when he finally returned. "You took a while."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Apr - 18:54

Jonah:

“There was a line,” I said with a shrug. I sat down to finish my food, changing the topic to something else. We paid shortly after and from there we made our way to the hotel. It was a one bed room. It was the equivalent of a queen-sized bed but it was closer to a full. “Cozy,” I muttered, setting my bag down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect School
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next