The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfect School

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 47990
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Perfect School - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue21/21Perfect School - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Perfect School - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySun 5 May - 20:02

Kira:

I had ridden in giant c-130's, napped even in the bench seats while the entire thing rattled and shook from turbulence. I had flown in private jets in the lap of comfort. But a ten-hour flight in economy seats was probably the most uncomfortable I had ever been. I tried to nap, but stuck in the middle as I was I had a loud talker on one side of me, constantly chatting with his buddy across the aisle and in the window seat was a large man, spilling into my seat and sweating up a storm.

I never thought I would be so relieved just to step off a plane before, let alone find a moment to change in the nearest bathroom. Habit and the desire to be ready for anything had a spare change of clothes in my backpack while the rest of my clothes were in my suitcases just waiting to be picked up.

I'd texted my parents as soon as I landed and nearly fifteen minutes later I was finally walking through the security checkpoint. I let the crowds flow around me while I paused in the middle of the room peering about slowly. They found me first as I heard a voice call out to me.

"Kira, welcome." My father touched my shoulder gently then let his hand fall after I looked up at him. Turning my attention to Krissy and the flowers my brows raised slightly, "Are those for-" The words weren't even all the way out before I was suddenly within Krissy's arms. "Mmmng." I ended up finishing with before awkwardly patting her back from within the tight bear hug.

When I got the flowers I looked at them, tracing the beautiful petals. "They're beautiful," I murmured. "I don't get flowers very often. It's a shame. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45753
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Perfect School - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue21/21Perfect School - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySun 5 May - 20:25

Krissy:

I smiled and glanced at Michael, meeting his eyes for a moment before looking back to Kira. I had fretted over if she would like them or not. I didn’t want her to think we were trying to bribe her into liking us again. I just wanted her to have something nice.

“I’m glad you like them,” I said and put my hand lightly on her back, “come on, let's get you home. I’m sure the dogs will be happy to see you.”
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySun 5 May - 20:29

It was hard not to perk up at being able to see the dogs again, and so with the flowers cradled in my arms and Krissy leading the way with her hand we made our way to grab my suitcases and then to the car.

Settled in the backseat I sighed through my nose and stretched out my legs. Leg room was a wonderful thing. "How has it been adjusting to living here? It feels quite different than New Zeland already."
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 May - 21:50

Krissy:

I looked out the window as we drove away from the airport. It was certainly different than New Zealand. It was hard to say it was better or even as good. It had been like a dream living there with Michael, uninterrupted. I didn’t think Michael was as happy here.

“It’s been interesting learning a new place. New Zealand was the first place we had ever settled in for more than a few months. It was hard to leave. But I’m sure we’ll adjust to this place too once we’ve been here longer. Maybe in another sixteen years it will feel even more like home than the last one did, since our whole family will have gotten to enjoy it for as long.” I turned in my seat to smile at her briefly before looking out the window again.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 May - 21:59

I didn't return her smile. I looked out the window like she had instead, troubled by what I felt. It wasn't completely my fault, Krissy shared a good portion of the blame for them having to leave the place they'd come to feel safe and happy in. And yet I still felt guilty. If I hadn't come around them it wouldn't have happened.

Giving myself a shake I tried to dispell those thoughts. It was a pointless conjecture. What was done was done, they and I could only move forward from it. Though I had that in mind I couldn't help but say softly to the both of them, "I'm sorry for the loss of your home...I'm sure I'll like our new home as much as I did the last one."

It probably wasn't much, but I chose my words deliberately. It felt silly to do so, and yet a part of me hoped they still caught it.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySun 12 May - 20:12

Krissy:

I smiled and glanced at Michael after she said “our home”. It was something so simple, but it made me happy. She saw us as a family, and our home was something she considered home too. It gave me hope that someday it might actually be her permanent home. That she wouldn’t have to leave.

We left the city and large tropical trees started framing the road. Our new house was about an hour away from the airport and the surrounding city. It took even a few minutes just to get down our large driveway. We lived on an old vineyard that had gone out of business due to disease that had swept through the vines. It was pretty overgrown now, but there were still patches that had living grape plants. We had an expert come out and tend to the plants weekly.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySun 12 May - 20:33

Kira:

I took in the view out the window, looking at the tropical plants and eventually the gravel driveway we now traveled. On either side it was someplace I wanted to explore, poke around. "How big is the property?"

Briefly I wondered had I grown up with them, grown up as their child. Would I have explored every inch of land they owned? Would I have tried to make some kind of hiding place or club house? I didn't think they'd mind if I brought it up.

I was so focused on the land that I didn't even pay attention to the house even after we pulled to a stop.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 May - 19:54

Krissy:

“It’s about 65 acres, but most of the grape vines are dead now. When we bought the place, they gave us a case of wine from when it was still producing, but we aren’t big drinkers,” I explained. In fact we rarely drank at all. The first time we tried the wine was only when Kyle came to visit. When we pulled up to the house the dogs came running off the porch, tails wagging.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 May - 20:49

"There were a few bottles in Michael's study." I pointed out absently.

Michael chuckled as he stopped the car. "I still do. Your mother is right, we aren't big drinkers. I have a drink once in a while usually just when we have a guest and they want some." I looked up at him then noticed the dogs.

Immediately I perked up, wanting to go say hello to them. In fact, I was the first out of the car, dropping to my knees to be greeted enthusiastic tail wagging hellos.

"I think all we needed to do to have her visit is say the dogs want to see her." Michael's voice carried out of the car.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySat 18 May - 20:20

Krissy:

“I think she’d come regardless,” I said quietly, watching Kira with the dogs through the window for a moment. As I stepped out of the car, Angel briefly came to get a pat on the head before going back to Kira.

“Come on, we’ll show you your room so you can get settled before we give you the rest of the tour.” I said, grabbing one of her bags while Michael grabbed the other.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 EmptySat 18 May - 22:37

Michael:

I gave a whistle to the dogs, shaking my head when they were reluctant to come to my side. "Come on you lot, Kira can play with you later. Let her get inside and check out her room."

Kira:

I got up, dusting myself off before grabbing my bags. With Michael corralling the four of us inside I didn't have a chance to be distracted by the dogs as I focused on the house itself.

"We got a bigger one this time around. That way we have room for all of the family. But we wanted to make sure we had a room all for you, though I hope you don't mind it having two beds. My dear wife thought it was so cute that you and Kyra shared a room and hoped the two of you could do it again sometime again."

"I don't mind, I liked sharing a room with her. And I'm small enough you could have just used one bed."

"Well that's good, the other bed is kind of more of a large couch with room for someone to sleep comfortably. Trust me. Tried it out myself." He flashed a grin my way before continuing, "Your mother spent weeks trying to get it all set up for you and decorated."

I gave him a look then smiled faintly as we joined Krissy in my bedroom. I took a long look around before settling my stuff down on the bed. 'I like it. A lot."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Perfect School - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect School
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12