The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Body Guard

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44698
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Body Guard - Page 38 Left_bar_bleue21/21Body Guard - Page 38 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Body Guard - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 13:11

Julie:

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I couldn't even really remember the last time I had written in that diary. I couldn't remember anything I had written down. "Was there anything interesting in there?" I asked, not as bothered as I could have been at his unsurprising display of a lack of self control. He always snoops. Its not new.

"And no. The only thing you have to do is get better," I told him. I did wish he was able to come home. I would certainly sleep better if we were under the same roof.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48070
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Body Guard - Page 38 Left_bar_bleue21/21Body Guard - Page 38 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 13:27

"I learned you thought Kevin was cool. You thought I was annoying...but I already knew that one." I scratched my cheek for a moment, "It wasn't very good handwriting...plus it was a long while ago." I wasn't going to mention the fact that she'd also ranted for several pages about one of her friends being a thief for stealing something. She was eleven, I couldn't hold it against her.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 13:51

Julie:
I laughed. "Well you are annoying. But, I think you're cool too though," I said. "You know some day youre gonna go snooping and youre not gonna like what you find," I warned him. I thought about what was in my purse again and ai hoped he would be understanding about what I was trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 14:03

"Nah, my snooping days ended a few years ago. I figured it's almost as good to have the surprises come naturally. Besides nothing spoils the fun more than finding out a surprise before it's time." I flashed her a grin. "Plus...everyone should have secrets."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 14:14

Julie:
"Your snooping days are over, but if I put my laptop in your hands, you might slip, right?" I smirked. "Either way, there's nothing on my laptop thats a secret anyway." I told him. It was true. I used the computer to online shop when it wasn't safe to leave the grounds and I followed up with news. That was the extent of my internet search history.

"Your nurse hasn't been in for a while. Are you feeling okay? Do you need anything to drink or more meds?" I asked, after looking at the time.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 14:23

If she hadn't brought it up I wouldn't have noticed it for a while. Blinking I reached to the sides of my bed and pulled up two buttons on either side. "One of these lets me dose myself with morphine when I need it...the other calls the nurse..." The pain was starting to act up, the last dose no longer even taking the edge off. "Mmm...I'm thirsty...and in pain." I ended up just pushing both of them.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 14:30

Julie:
"Cody, you have to push those buttons if you need something. Don't wait for the pain to become unbearable or you're dehydrated." I told him. It was worrying that he only noticed he needed medicine and water after I said something. I had been concerned about how he would be as a patient. He wasn't good at asking for help, mostly because he never needed to. Even when he got sick as a child, he tended to just sleep it off and not bother anyone with helping him.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 14:45

"It's not bad pain yet. I'm fine Jules." I knew I wasn't fully fine. But I could feel the morphine slowly start to kick back in as I lay there. I wasn't one to ask for help, I'd made do without a lot and just got used to handling things on my own. When I got sick I still had a job to perform, same thing if I was injured. Even now when I had every right to ask for help or assistance I felt weird doing it.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 15:07

Julie:
"You're not fine. Not yet. So just do me a favor and ask for help when you need it," I said, frowning at him.

The nurse knocked once on the door and then walked in with a smile on her face. "You rang?" She asked, looking at Cody.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 16:18

"Um...water?" I frowned and rubbed the back of my neck. It felt strange asking for help, and I wasn't so sure I liked it. But I couldn't refuse Jules right now. "And maybe a snack?"

With a nod the nurse was off.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 16:29

Julie:
"See? Was that so hard?" I asked. It made me so nervous to think of him sitting here in pain and just being too stubborn to ask for help.

"Let people take of you. Its nice. I would know," I said, giving him a meaningful look. He had taken carw of me since we were kids.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 16:50

"Yes." I wasn't going to lie to her. Pride was a dangerous thing, I knew that, but I couldn't help the emotion. "It's just...not something I've ever done. I liked being self-sufficient..."

I looked at her with a small sigh. "But fine. I'll let people take care of me."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 17:04

Julie:
I sighed and then smiled. He agreed. "Thank you. Thats all I ask," I said. I stood up and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. "Im going to the bathroom, i'll be back. Hopefully while Im gona the nurse will come back and you'll have a snack," I told him with playful enthusiasm. I hadnt really thought about leaning over and kissing him i had done it eveytime i left his room. He just hadn't ever been conscious for it.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 17:27

I started to retort, making some kind of sassy comment but then she kissed me on the cheek. Whatever had been about to come out was gone in an instant and I could only blink at her. It took a moment after she got up before my body reacted. A touch of color crept into my cheeks, and was quickly followed by my heart beat.

"Right...take your time. You should get something yourself...I can't make you...um....right." I was struggling to keep my composer but if nothing else the heart monitor was what gave me away the most.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Apr - 17:41

Julie:
I paused for a moment when the sound of his heart monitor sped up. I looked at the machine and then down at him before it made sense.

Was he...blushing?

He stumbled through a simple sentence and I pressed my lips together to keep from smirking. I was used to kissing his cheek by now, but for him, it was foreign. We dont touch eachother like that.

"Yeah... maybe I'll get some coffee. None for you though, I think you're already a little wired up," I joked, sounding innocent as I glanced at the heart monitor again. He wasn't even allowed to have coffee, it was clear teasing.

I stepped out of the room just as the nurse was walking back in
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 13:52

Shit.

The single word was the only thought that went through my head after she stepped out of the room. She'd kissed my cheek like it was nothing but it was so much more than that for me. All those feelings came rushing back. The ones I'd had to bury for my job. The ones that had risen through cracks in the defenses I'd put up after a night of drinking and a shared kiss.

Closing my eyes I let the nurse do her thing, checking my machines, making a bit of small talk. But my mind was back at that night. Of the kiss, and all that it had implied. After the nurse walked out did I come out of that little day dream.

"Shit..." I murmured as I gazed at the ceiling. "Now what do I do?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 14:00

Julie:
I took my time using the bathroom and taking a walk to find the cafeteria. Greg didn't wander far behind me and I bought him a coffee as well when I got myself one. I also got a chocolate chip cookie as I hadn't eaten anything yet. The walk back to his room was even slower.

Maybe it wasn't fair for me to be so... It was clear my little kiss had effected him and I wasn't sure what to do with that information.

I got back to his room and knocked twice before pushing the door opening and waving at Greg as stepped inside. "The coffee here sucks, be grateful you're not allowed to have it," I told him.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 14:15

"Are you saying that because its not the imported beans? Or because they don't have real cream and cane sugar so you can drown it?" I countered. She'd been gone long enough for me to calm down and get my head back on straight.

Banter was the easiest defense. I didn't know what I could or should do with what had just happened. Was it a friendly kiss? A romantic one? Was it simply done by guilt? And the kiss from before, that one had meant something. But I didn't know what to do about any of it.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Apr - 14:27

Julie:
I rolled my eyes and took my seat again, setting the coffee down on the bedside table. "I don't drown it. A little cream and sugar never heart anyone." I said. I opened the bag with my cookie and took a bite. "What did the nurse say? "I asked.

I looked quickly at the monitor and was glad to see his heart rate back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:03

"I don't deny that. But I've also seen you drench your coffee with those flavored syrups." I eyed her cookie for a moment then glanced towards the doorway. "Nothing major. She took some blood. They also have a few tests they want to run later. X-rays, scans, other nonsense."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:15

Julie:
"It's not nonsense," I said, taking another bite of my cookie. If I was sure it wouldn't mess with his strict diet in here, I'd give it to him. He could have as many cookies as he wanted when he got out of here. But until then, I could follow the rules.

"And I wanted to ask you about Greg..." I said, glancing towards the door where I knew he was just outside. "You know him well?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:21

"Greg? I know him a little. Decent guy, kind of quiet. Worked with my Father for a long while until he had a couple kids." I paused and glanced towards the door again then back at her. "Why? It's not my place anymore to approve or disapprove someone to protect you...but I mean he's a good choice."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:26

Julie:
I lifted my coffee while he was talking and took a sip. "Just because you aren't my body guard anymore doesn't mean I don't value your opinion," I told him.

"I didn't know he had kids," I continued. I suddenly felt bad. He had been following me around since yesterday, so I know he didn't go home. I told myself to remember to enforce strict shifts. No one could work around the clock if they were guarding me. It wasnt right.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:53

"Jules..." I started to complain then shook my head. "Yeah he has kids. One boy, one girl. His wife makes some amazing sandwiches." In a glance I could see the gears turning in her head.

Shifting a little to get comfortable I smiled at her, "So tell me. How has the manor been? Everything gets all a flutter when an incident happens. And how's Ben?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Apr - 15:57

Julie:
I shrugged and took another sip of the awful coffee before answering. "Things have been fine. A little chaotic, but your dad has been dealing with the brunt of it." I told him. In all honesty, I hadn't spent a lot of time on the manor in the last few days.

"And Ben is..." I paused and shrugged again, looking away. "I don't actually know how Ben is. I haven't spoken to him since right after everything happened. I'm sure he's fine."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Body Guard
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next