The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Body Guard

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 47990
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Body Guard Left_bar_bleue21/21Body Guard Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 1:11

For generations your family has stood in the lime light. They have been successful, powerful, influential, and at times have reinvigorated the world. It has been said that once upon a time your family was once royalty. But through it all there was another family. That other family never shared the light, never held power. We stood right beside you however, and in times of need in front of you. That is my family. In olden times I have been told we worked as advisers, consorts, guards, and even assassins. All in the name of what you might need. In recent years however the tradition has become a more protective nature.

You and I are the newest generation and though you are a small handful of years older than me I was told often how important my duty was to help you and keep you safe. While you were going to school to learn politics and how to lead. My teachings were more physical and tactical. For someone who had gotten everything they could have asked for it was to my surprise that we remained friends. To others, legally I'm on your fathers payroll though really its all so much more than that.

It's time for you to step into the lime light like every other part of your family has done. You are the direct descendant, the heir. It is sure to be a new kind of experience, but I think you can handle it. After all. You've got me. Right beside you.

Name:
Personality:
History(Anything of note):
Other:

(( I figure it can start any dozen different ways. Heading off for college, perhaps moving into the working world, Father running for some position of leadership, ect. Anyway you think might be fun! ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44618
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 1:31

Name: Julie Devin (Jules)

Looks: Body Guard 15163-10

Personality: Jules has always has a love-hate relationship with being in the spotlight. Her father wishes she liked it a little less. She was never over the top, but there were times when her age and adventurous attitude would get her into trouble. She grew up knowing that your family were paid to work for her, but she also thought of you as more of family than anything else. She always liked you best, even if you did stop encouraging her pranks and jokes after you grew up.

History: She knows that she is the heir to her fathers wealth and position in society but she doesn't quite realize how quickly she's going to need to fulfill that position. 

((is this good? Im thinking we should start with the father moving into some position?))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 2:29

Name: Cody Hale

Looks:Body Guard 766d794164c634bf2061960ccbf3539b

Personality: Cody once upon a time was fun loving, always full of energy, and never sitting still for longer than a few minutes. But as he grew up and he began being forced into his role a lot of that died. Now he hides that energy behind control and precision. No longer the awkward and clumsy boy he has learned how to hold himself and wear a mask. While he still thinks fondly of Jules he struggles between friendship and duty.

History: Cody once resented the life that he had been born into. It was hard to love being dragged away from playing with Jules and their friends to be put into lessons of martial arts, tactics, and how to be a good bodyguard. But as he has grown older the lessons have become a welcome joy. If nothing else it has given him an eye catching physique and compliments to accompany such. But over all he is ready for whatever might come.

(( That works perfectly! ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 2:35

((Do you wanna start? What kind of position is her father going for?))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 2:49

(( I can start, and I'd say President or Prime Minister. Some kind of leader in whatever country you want. ))
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 2:51

((Okay that works for me. May as well go with president))
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 3:54

The blaring alarm was the first thing I was aware of that morning. The second was the sun that seemed to have the perfect crack in the curtains to hit me right in the eyes as I opened them. Cursing under my breath I slid out of bed and rubbed at my face. After a moment I reached out and slapped the clock to stop the noise. Sliding out of bed I padded barefoot in only a pair of soft cotton sleep pants into my bathroom to shower. Within twenty minutes I was showered, shaved, and dressed. While I made my way from the servants building and up the hill towards the main manor, I only saw the other servants bustling about. For most of us our days began at dawn and ended after the sun had long since been down.

For me though my day revolved around Jules. I tried to wake up before her and usually wasn't able to sleep until after she had gone to bed. I could have simply slept in her rooms. She had a few extra bedrooms available so long as she didn't invite friends over. And I doubted she'd have minded. But ever since she and I had both hit puberty it felt a bit uncomfortable 'staying over'. Though when we had been kids I'd often slept over, usually in the very same giant bed.

Once inside the main house it was a simple matter to manuever the complex hallways and stairwells until I reached her wing and opened the double doors to it. Pausing next to the coffee machine I tapped a few buttons to set it brewing before dropping onto a couch to lounge outside her bedroom door and when she'd eventually awake.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 11:00

Julie:
I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It was how I woke up most days. I almost never had to set an alarm. I blinked my eyes open and stretched my arms above my head, hearing my shoulders and wrists crack after hours of not using them. I rolled over to the side of my bed and slid out of it. I put both hands on my hips and tilted back, to crack my spine. It was something of a morning ritual. 

I slid on my slippers and walked into the bathroom that was attached to my room to freshen up a bit. Which for me, meant putting on a pair of pants and trading my glasses for contacts. I also brushed my teeth and washed my face, but I wouldn't do more than that unless I had business to attend out side of the house. 

Still in my slippers, I opened the door to my room and quickly spotted Cody. I smiled sleepily at him and patted his head as I passed him to get to the coffee machine. "Good morning, Sunshine," I said, somewhat jokingly. One might have compared Cody to sunshine when he was a child. Always smiling and mischievous. But now, it was something of a joke. 

I poured myself a cup and since he didn't already have one, I poured him one too.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 12:06

A book was my companion while I waited for her, and I took a brief peek towards the door when I heard her stir, and another after her bedroom door opened. I returned her cute sleepy smile with a crooked one of my own that only grew after she patted my head and used our little joke. "Good morning Jules." Sliding from the couch as she poured us coffee I stretched lazily. "What's the plan for today?"

Moving up behind her I took the cup she'd poured for me and took a generous sip.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 12:39

Julie:
I turned around and leaned against the counter as I took a sip of my coffee. "Daddy has a speech to give today. I should probably go even though it sounds dull," I said. I pushed my sleep-messy hair off my face and smiled. "But after that, I figured I would see how much trouble you can get me out of," I teased. Its not like he doesn't already do that already.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 13:03

Speeches were dull. Especially for security. We had to remain vigilant but usually it was a high energy environment for us and yet nothing happened. Usually at least. On top of it more often than not I cared little for what the speeches were about. About the only saving grace to it all were the snacks, champagne, and the handful of beautiful ladies. It was really only the latter I got to enjoy, a quick refreshing look before I had to resume scanning the crowds. Jules was a perfect example of one such lady and if I was to admit to my slight bias...the best example.

"A speech huh, sounds easy enough. Though keeping you out of trouble is the hardest part of my job..." Huffing a soft dramatic sigh I shook my head to the ceiling as if asking for help from above.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 13:18

Julie:
I laughed and bumped my hip with his as I moved around him to set my coffee down on the table. "You say that like you don't love it," I said, teasing. So far, the amount of security I had more than outweighed any threat against me. I imagined his job was mostly boring but I didn't take it for granted. I knew I was safe because he made sure I was safe. I had a security team, sure. But Cody is the one who was front and center wherever I went. 

"But, now that I think of it, we have a charity event this weekend and I need something to wear. So maybe we can go shopping for a bit," I shrugged. I knew going out made things a little harder on Cody. He never relaxed when we were out, doing normal things. But I needed a dress.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 13:33

Bumping back I took up a position leaning into the counter after she went to the table. "Oh sure, threat of danger, pretty girls, men in suits, and so much boredom." Chuckling I flashed her a grin, "But I suppose its worth it since you remain safe."

"A new dress? I've seen your closet, you have tons!" Making a face while shaking my head I continued, "Fine. Shopping it is. Just us or are we going with one of your friends?" Already I was trying to plan logistics in my head. Much like the speeches it was unlikely anything was to happen. Not for any of the places she would go shopping at. But still it was something I needed to think over and plan. If only for my own state of mind.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 13:44

Julie:
"It's just going to be us. Since you are, of course, coming with me this weekend, you need a tie. You cant wear the same one you wear all the time," I gave him a pointed look. "I need something a little more formal for this event. I don't have anything suitable," I said, even though if I looked hard enough, I'm sure I could find something that worked just fine. 

I took another sip of my coffee and then dumped the rest down the sink. "I have about an hour to get ready for the speech and then we can head over," I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 14:18

"What's wrong with my tie? Black suit with black tie. Classic bodyguard apparel!" Sighing I rubbed the back of my neck. Just how fancy was this formal event going to be? Still it wouldn't be a terrible idea to upgrade my wardrobe some.

Draining my coffee and placing my cup down in the sink I let the old me shine through as I said, "An hour to get ready...so you will take most of that. And that means I can head to my room and change into appropriate attire and stop by the armory. So in all...I'll be back by the time you'll finish your shower and maybe have started working on what to wear?" A teasing grin crossed my lips and I patted her head much like she had mine.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 14:47

Julie:
"Whats wrong with your tie is that its 100 years old and it needs to be replaced," I told him, turning around to face him. When he teased me about how long I took to get ready, I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. "Oh? You mean it didn't take you 3 hours to get ready for the city hall meeting a few years back after you found out Lindsey Harrison was going to be there?" I started walking towards my room but paused to smirk at him over my shoulder. "Cause I'm pretty sure you did," I finished. I closed my door before he could answer and quickly hopped to the bathroom to start my shower, more determined than ever to finish getting ready in record time.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 15:20

"Bah...fine." Eyes dancing I could only shrug at her very true remark about Lindsey Harrison. Though my efforts earned me a nice kiss it didn't amount to much more. And if the rumor mill and tabloids were any indication Lindsey was now engaged. Just thinking about that moment left me little time to try and come up with some kind of retort. I could have named a few guys she herself had spent forever trying to dress up for. But it was too much of a low blow and her door was shut anyway.

Laughing under my breath I turned and began to make my way towards my room in the servants building. It was with practiced ease that I put on my suit and made my way over to the armory. It was there that I listened to a briefing about the speech and the increased risks and trouble they suspected might happen. A dignitary from out of country was going to be attending and the worry was him arriving would bring around threats to his life and in turn threats to Mr Devin's life and for me that also meant possible threats to Jules.

With the danger raised I had to undress a bit to throw on a bullet proof vest under my button down along with the usual shoulder holster for a pistol. Redressing after all of that I grabbed my earpiece and radio before again making my way towards Jules's room.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 19:08

Julie:
I took as quick of a shower as I could, but there was just so much to do in there. i had to wash my hair and then condition and repeat. Then i had to shave and make sure every inch of my body was moisturized. That takes time. It doesnt just happen.

By the time i had picked out an outfit, a simple black dress with black heels, i was behind schedule. When my hair and makeup were finally done, I walked out of my room without even glancing at where ai knew Cody would be. I was already ten minutes late. I didnt wanna deal with his smirking face.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 19:33

When I got back to the room and I could still hear the shower running and so I made myself as comfortable as possible while as the minutes passed I grew more and more amused. And after she walked out of her room I hopped to my feet and watched her breeze past me without looking. Shaking with silent laughter I let go all the teasing little comments I had in mind and instead moved to stand beside her.

"Are we ready? The car is waiting for us in front of the manor Jules." Amusement colored my tone though I tried my best to hide it. I didn't even bother attempting to hide the smile that danced across my face.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 21:01

Julie:
I stopped walking and turned to face him, taking in his wide smile with an overly defensive finger pointing at him. "Im not late." I said, usure where i was going with this. I was clearly late. "Im... fashionably on time," I finished. I turned to keep walking, moving quickly through the halls. I got outside, in front of the manor in no time where a huge black car waited for me. I smiled politely at the driver, Edmund, who had been driving Cody and I around since we werw kids. "Ed, Cody has made us run a little late, so im afraid im in a bit of a rush!" I said, hopping in the back.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 21:13

I couldn't hold in the laughter after her words. Even after she began moving again I occasionally shook with little silent chuckles. The halls of the manor were always well kept, and richly decorated. My good mood left my eyes wandering from painting to tapestry to work of art. And as we neared the front doors my eyes shifted to Jules, absently studying her like any of the other pieces of art we had walked past.

Edmund, our perpetual driver and when we were little our favorite person. Getting out of the house was always a treat, seeing the sights, exploring new places. I held a fondness for the man and as Julie placed the blame on me I rolled my eyes expressively for his benefit and made none to subtle gestures towards Jules in the back seat before climbing in myself.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 21:19

Julie:
I buckled myself in as Ed took off for the location of the speech. "I'll probably just stand behind dad while he speaks," I said, pulling out a compact and a mirror to reapply my lip gloss. "Hopefully its a short one and then its off to go shopping." I leaned forward a bit. "Ed how are you liking the tie i got you for Christmas? Cody needs one now," I said.

Ed smiled at me in the rearview mirror. "I love it Miss"

"Great! I know just what color to get you," i said to Cody.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 21:40

I slid in beside her and buckled in. Digging into my pocket I turned on my radio and hit the talk button. "Princess is on her way." I kept an ear on the chatter through the ear piece while turning to Julie. I eyed her work for a moment, looking from compact to her lips and back again. "So about that tie. What in the hell are you planning on giving me?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyMon 8 May - 23:50

Julie:
I smiled at him and tossed my makeup back in my bag. "You'll see later," I assured him. We were pulling up in front of a large crowd and Ed was looking for a spot to park so we could get out. I nibbled a little bit on the lip that I had just finished perfecting with lip gloss and looked out the tinted windows. 
I wasn't famous. People didn't generally rush me and ask for autographs or anything like that. But there was a lot of starting and picture taking and sometimes, touching. I hated when people touched me. And large crowds were the perfect place for random strangers to grab at you. 
I looked at Cody. "Are you ready?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard EmptyTue 9 May - 0:52

'You'll see later.' Oh how three simple words could fill me with dread. Already I saw before my eyes hours spent tying ties, trying them on, as she laughed and giggled and teased her way through all manner of styles and colors. That was going to be on top of hours upon hours of her own shopping. Shoes, dresses, make up, handbags, hell even lingerie could be searched through and purchased all for the charity ball.

"For later? No. For now? Yes." I took a look at the gathered crowds then looked at her. "Shall we?" Without waiting for her response I stepped out of the door and held it open for her while offering her my hand for assistance getting out. Though I kept my eyes trained on her I kept an ear on the people, alert for any signs of danger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Body Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Guard   Body Guard Empty

Back to top Go down

Body Guard
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next