The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Night Angel Trilogy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DavidA
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
DavidA

Male
Number of posts : 33094
Job : student, professional procrastinator
Credits : 57544
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Character sheet
RPG Name: Blade
Group: Super Sayen
Health:
Night Angel Trilogy Left_bar_bleue21/21Night Angel Trilogy Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Night Angel Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: Night Angel Trilogy   Night Angel Trilogy EmptyWed 13 Jul - 18:57

anyone besides me read the night angel trilogy or black prism by Brent Weeks?
Back to top Go down
Fenrir the Bloody
Newb
Newb
Fenrir the Bloody

Male
Number of posts : 7
Credits : 18989
Registration date : 2013-12-14

Night Angel Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Angel Trilogy   Night Angel Trilogy EmptySun 15 Dec - 23:29

Okay, I'm incredibly late to this, but I LOVE Brent Weeks. He is just so creative! He has so many ideas that I could never have thought of, and I absolutely love it! I mean, magic based on COLOR?! How amazing and innovative is that?! And he doesn't just stop there! Oh no, he has to make real and believable characters, heroes that aren't entirely good, and villains that aren't entirely evil. One gets the idea that something very similar would have happened in this world if we had had these powers to begin with.

I love the subtlety of the Night Angel trilogy. There are so many hints and false leads and seemingly fake leads that turn out to be true that I never really know what'll happen next, even if it's my second or third time reading it. I'm always caught off guard by one twist or another, just because I am able to lose myself in this beautiful world Weeks has crafted over and over again. I fall in love with every character, because they all have their own motivations and reasons for doing what they do.

If I haven't convinced anyone to read these already, there's one thing I KNOW will get you excited. The fight scenes. The mother. Fucking. Fight scenes. You can just see the swords twirling in the air, the magic flying into the enemy's chest, the arrows meeting their mark every single time. The detail is perfectly proportioned; not as gratuitous as Tolkien (apologies to those who love Tolkien's style. If it's any consolation, I agree with you, but he's not for everyone.), but not as sparse as some young adult author like post-Fugitives Patterson. It's like a movie in your mind! I HIGHLY recommend giving these series a read or five. You won't regret it.
Back to top Go down

Night Angel Trilogy
Page 1 of 1